Changing from iPhone 6s Plus to Nexus 6P , questions

veriusen

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
So , after using iPhone6 Plus and iPhone6s Plus a while i decided to try out the Nexus 6P.
iOS vs Android discussion aside , i have noticed some noticeable differences after using my Nexus 6P for a few weeks that i am wondering if is normal or not as i have not used an Android/Nexus device for a long time.
I used my iPhones for web browsing on WIFI alot , and the battery life has been great for this use , i could use it quite heavily throughout the day , browse the web for a couple of hours in the evening and get anywhere between 40%-50% battery remaining at the end of the day.

But on the Nexus6P i noticed that the battery drains very heavily when browsing (could almost see it drop 1% every other minute), even when i had no apps installed, factory reset , screen turned down to 15-20% brightness , location/notifications off etc , is this normal on the Nexus6P ?
Other use didnt seem to drain the battery more than normal , just browsing with Chrome.
Aside from this i am really happy with the phone , screen is great & loving the phone overall.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I average around 5 hours of total screen-on time if I were to use the phone non-stop with the screen on. Your battery drain seems a bit steeper (1% every other minute means 30%/hr, or about a 3.3 hr screen-on time). How's your cell signal? If you have poor cell signal, that can eat away at the battery as well.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
So , after using iPhone6 Plus and iPhone6s Plus a while i decided to try out the Nexus 6P.
iOS vs Android discussion aside , i have noticed some noticeable differences after using my Nexus 6P for a few weeks that i am wondering if is normal or not as i have not used an Android/Nexus device for a long time.
I used my iPhones for web browsing on WIFI alot , and the battery life has been great for this use , i could use it quite heavily throughout the day , browse the web for a couple of hours in the evening and get anywhere between 40%-50% battery remaining at the end of the day.

But on the Nexus6P i noticed that the battery drains very heavily when browsing (could almost see it drop 1% every other minute), even when i had no apps installed, factory reset , screen turned down to 15-20% brightness , location/notifications off etc , is this normal on the Nexus6P ?
Other use didnt seem to drain the battery more than normal , just browsing with Chrome.
Aside from this i am really happy with the phone , screen is great & loving the phone overall.

What's your brightness at?

veriusen

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I average around 5 hours of total screen-on time if I were to use the phone non-stop with the screen on. Your battery drain seems a bit steeper (1% every other minute means 30%/hr, or about a 3.3 hr screen-on time). How's your cell signal? If you have poor cell signal, that can eat away at the battery as well.

Cell signal seems fine , nothing out of the ordinary.
Would downloading another browser & using that help ? Could it be Chrome that is poorly optimized ?

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
In general Android devices will drain faster than iOS devices. It shouldn't be too bad unless your browsing for literally hours on end without letting your screen go to sleep.
A nice touch I'm glad to see Google add is Doze. Should help with amount of battery drain you get when not using your device. I always noticed my Android devices drained way more when not using them compared to my iOS devices. Any bit helps. And with the amount of freedom you get with a Nexus device it should be a enjoyable experience for you.

Even if you don't have 40-50% of battery left at the end of the day you should have no problem getting a days use out of your device.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Use dark wall papers. And don't use brightness above 50% unless you are in bright light.
AMOLED displays eat battery differently than LCD.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Also keep in mind that the iPhone pluses get just about the best battery life on the market right now. Not many phones will live up to those battery stats. The 6P has decent android battery life--in general of course.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae