Changing Win10's default view to details with s9

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How the heck do I change the default view in Windows 10 to use details instead of tiles when viewing my Samsung Galaxy S9's file system as if it were a flash drive via USB?
The "Customize this folder" doesn't appear when right clicking to set the standard view I want, and the "apply to folders" is dimmed if I goto options->view tab->apply to folders after manually setting the view how I want it.
I often want to see the date modified field- which gets removed every time I navigate to a new folder-when syncing my fanfic library with the copy stored on my phone so I can do an incremental backup instead of a full one (which takes hours due to tens of thousands of small chapter files, while an incremental of just the new stuff can take only a few minutes, but I have to check every folder).

Sorry if this is more of a Windows question, but it only happens with my S9, not my Kindle, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, or flash drives (either thumb drives or SD cards).

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You can't change it.

The way the android file system is read by Windows is that it assumes it's a media device. Not a removable USB, which is likely how the Kindle is read.

I hate it too, but as long as the phone reads device memory - both internal and SD card - through MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), that's how a PC will read it.

To read as a removable USB, the device needs to be in "mass storage mode". Unfortunately, that option was removed from android way back around 4.1 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome