Charger that came with Zenfone 2

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a charger that is branded LG and it works fine. Wondering though if this came with the phone or did another charger. I suspect the LG charger is what I had with my Nexus 4 that went kaput after going for a swim.
Problem with having so many phones and tablets is you get a mass of chargers.
Can someone describe the charger that came with the ZF2 or post a photo please.

jonnycakes

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The charger that came with my ZF2 has ASUS branding above the USB port and on the bottom where the power input/output specs are detailed.
Zenfone Charger - Copy.jpg

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm betting the LG charger isn't offering rapid charging though....or is it?

I have the low priced ZF which didn't have rapid charge. I just plug it in every night. Usually always above 50% when I plug it in.

Probably should actually use it more and run down battery to a very low amount once in a while.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
The charger that came with my ZF2 has ASUS branding above the USB port and on the bottom where the power input/output specs are detailed.
Thanks for the image, found one in a drawer that looks like that so will start using it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Probably should actually use it more and run down battery to a very low amount once in a while.

Unless your battery level is being reported inaccurately, this is not necessary. If you discharge a lithium battery deeply on a regular basis, it could decrease the overall lifespan of the battery.

Also, the $199 Zenfone 2 should still support Quick Charge 2.0--it just didn't come with the Quick Charge plug. See this review: Battery Life and Charge Time - The ASUS ZenFone 2 Review. If you buy a Quick Charge 2.0 compatible charger, you ought to be able to take advantage of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca