Charging Issues?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My Epic isn't charging correctly. I have to hold the phone at an angle for it to charge correctly. And even if it has a very low battery, when I boot it says 99% and 44 hours and 44 minutes.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch running leaked ICS.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If this action acts across the different ROMs you load and is the same with different chargers, it may be that your charging port is bad.

If so, you might want to switch back to a stock ROM in case you have to take the phone in for service. Most service centers won't fix the charger port without an insurance claim (and paying the deductible) but you may get lucky.

Nb

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If this action acts across the different ROMs you load and is the same with different chargers, it may be that your charging port is bad.

If so, you might want to switch back to a stock ROM in case you have to take the phone in for service. Most service centers won't fix the charger port without an insurance claim (and paying the deductible) but you may get lucky.

Nb

I'm under warranty still

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch running leaked ICS.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't see your post until now.

Having insurance didn't matter when I brought in my phone with a charging port issue. The techs said that that kind of damage wasn't covered under warranty and they could either fix it for $124 or replace the phone for the cost of $100 deductible. i'm not sure if that's still the policy though. It shouldn't be imo.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC