charging screen alarm issue

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
So I and I'm sure many others use there phone as an alarm clock. On my Samsung phone there was no charging screen no night clock nothing. But on this it's got an annoying add and shows the charge rate. Then when my alarm goes off I have to unlock the phone on that charge screen then drop down my notifications then the alarm.... Any way to turn this off?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So I and I'm sure many others use there phone as an alarm clock. On my Samsung phone there was no charging screen no night clock nothing. But on this it's got an annoying add and shows the charge rate. Then when my alarm goes off I have to unlock the phone on that charge screen then drop down my notifications then the alarm.... Any way to turn this off?

With a better alarm app, probably.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Well seems to only happen when I'm using the turbo charger it's the same weird add /lockscreen as my wife's s6 but last night I used my Samsung fast charger wall plug then a type c cord and never got the new lock screen lol so maybe it just comes on when turbo charger is used I'll try and grab a screen shot next time. Alarm worked fine this morning

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well seems to only happen when I'm using the turbo charger it's the same weird add /lockscreen as my wife's s6 but last night I used my Samsung fast charger wall plug then a type c cord and never got the new lock screen lol so maybe it just comes on when turbo charger is used I'll try and grab a screen shot next time. Alarm worked fine this morning

Did you restore from your old phone? It might have pulled an app you were using and that might be what you are seeing?

Elle Belle1

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

I get the same thing. Mine alarm goes off and I see an advertisement on the screen. It's annoying.
Did you find a final solution/reason?

Elle Belle1

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

So I just figured it out. Daydream being off does not work. It's the turbo charging. In the upper right hand corner there is a selection for it so I basically just turn that off ...no more ads.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So I just figured it out. Daydream being off does not work. It's the turbo charging. In the upper right hand corner there is a selection for it so I basically just turn that off ...no more ads.

Turning off turbocharging? That's still odd... I don't see a screen with an ad whether turbo charging or not...

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys who are experiencing this problem use ES File Explorer? There's actually a setting with a recent update on that, which causes ads to hit your screen when charging. It's really highly annoying that this setting gets turned on by default. I don't remember the exact setting, but go to your ES File Explorer settings and you'll find it.