Charging screen burn in question

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
My last watch was a moto 360 with lcd. I know it's built in but is there any risk in leaving it plugged in all night and using the charging screen clock. i know some hit the button to turn off the display but on my moto 360 it was super useful to use as a bed time clock and gives off just enough light if i needed to hit the can during the night lol. I get that the screen shifts also but i just want to make sure there is no chance of burn in with the screen as i assume the urbane and huawei watch have a similiar setup with an amoled screen so there are many testers out there.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I usually only charge mine while getting ready in the morning, but have not had a screen burn in and have been using it since November.

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
LG turns on its own charging screen when plugged in and it will be off after a few minutes. No clock faces.

I LOVE that it does this. I had the Moto 360 and having to download a stupid app to turn the screen off was so aggravating. I can plug this in at night beside my phone!

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I never had a problem with burn in on my 360, but I like the time update on the charging screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
360 uses LCD screen and won't have burn in. Only Samsung and LG uses OLED screens which are prone to burn ins with static contents.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
With screen always on, my watch stays lit while charging. Would love to use it that way like a nightstand clock as mentioned earlier but I think that might cause burn in?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If your watch stays lit, it means the charge contact wasn't properly seated. When properly seats, it should bring out a charging screen without watch face and turn off rather quickly regardless your always on settings.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
If your watch stays lit, it means the charge contact wasn't properly seated. When properly seats, it should bring out a charging screen without watch face and turn off rather quickly regardless your always on settings.

Foxbat121, on mine with "always on" the charging screen comes on and stays on. Just like the Moto 360. It's not the watchface, it's the charging screen. I have to turn off "always on" to get the charging screen to turn off while charging.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Foxbat121, on mine with "always on" the charging screen comes on and stays on. Just like the Moto 360. It's not the watchface, it's the charging screen. I have to turn off "always on" to get the charging screen to turn off while charging.

Mine used to do that until the update. Now the charge screen comes on for a sec and the watch goes black afterwards.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It never stay on longer than a minute or so. More likely 10 seconds on my current one and the Nov edition. I always use Always On. You can wipe the charge screen off and show the watch face but it will eventually turn off as well after a minute or two.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It never stay on longer than a minute or so. More likely 10 seconds on my current one and the Nov edition. I always use Always On. You can wipe the charge screen off and show the watch face but it will eventually turn off as well after a minute or two.

Thanks will try that next time.

nrseife

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
You can enable burnin protection in the developer section beneath about in settings and there go to "wear developer options". To become a developer you must select in About the version info 10x or so. My Urbane screen now goes black after a few minutes when plugged in.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I don't have to do anything on both of my watches. I suspect it may have something to do with the specific watch faces you use.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
settings -> about -> tap build number 7 times to enable -> back to main settings -> developer options -> and there is a setting for stay awake while charging

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel