[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Everyone send good vibes to my car so she will make it the rest of the way home.

.... sigh.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
She didn't make it. Popped the hood and there is a hose that was apparently spewing coolant everywhere. Dead battery too.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thats an easy process of elimination there Chris...

Hose spraying coolant... Either upper or lower lines on the radiator going to and from the engine back to the radiator or if its more off to the side and towards the firewall then it would be a coolant line supporting the heater and the heater core going in a loop from the engine department into the firewall thru the heater core and back out.

Dead battery.. Well if I remember correctly you had the alternator replaced back when you first got it? So either its a bad battery or the alternator (possibly a rebuild gone bad) took a dump.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Interesting note...

My daughter (12 yrs old) who has the same GNex as me, takes her phone to school for communicating when she stays after school for sports, etc.. Anyways she always would forget to shut her phone off or at least put it in airplane mode during the day at school. Their school has very poor signal once you enter the building (I'm assuming a cell blocker of some sort to stop cell phones) anyhow she always would complain she never make the day on a full battery when she was bone stock.

Now fast forward to this week after she let me unlock and root her phone and put AOKP with Lean Kernel on it... Now end of the day she goes to her locker and grabs her phone and consistently for days now she's getting 30-35% of battery left instead of almost dead or dead battery before on stock.

Not bad ;)

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the car Cole. Hope it can get fixed without costing too much money. On another note, had to un install modern combat 3 because for some reason, it was acting as a rogue app and was draining battery. A LOT of battery. Now since I removed it, everything is working fine. Winder what was causing it. I haven't played in days and it wasn't running in the background.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the car Cole. Hope it can get fixed without costing too much money. On another note, had to un install modern combat 3 because for some reason, it was acting as a rogue app and was draining battery. A LOT of battery. Now since I removed it, everything is working fine. Winder what was causing it. I haven't played in days and it wasn't running in the background.

My guess? It didn't properly un-register a wakelock.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
VMRdYus.png

Reddit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe