[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Figured I should stop in and say hello. I'm still alive. Working like crazy (got a job manufacturing drugs for Valeant Pharmaceuticals) plus working part time on the side.

Trying to keep my sanity and be a family man in between. Don't have as much time for Chatter as I used to (sadly) I still think about you all, hope things are well for everyone!

Quick question. Seriously contemplating switching carriers. If I do, that means new phone. Probably choose between LG G3 or Note 3 (for budget reasons). Coming from an S4, so the N3 would probably just be the S4 in XL size plus stylus. The LG has me curious, even without the 2k screen. Advice? Carrier would be MTS. (www.mts.ca)

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Quick question. Seriously contemplating switching carriers. If I do, that means new phone. Probably choose between LG G3 or Note 3 (for budget reasons). Coming from an S4, so the N3 would probably just be the S4 in XL size plus stylus. The LG has me curious, even without the 2k screen. Advice? Carrier would be MTS. (www.mts.ca)
Glad to hear you're doing well!!

As far as phone choice goes, I'm loving my LG G3! I was using the Note 3 prior to the G3 and I can honestly say that I'm very happy with it's performance :)

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well bit the bullet.... Of course it helped that they had a sale. $100 off selected smartphones which included the G3. G3 was 99 so i got it free. I also made a deal with them. I took a restock unit (open box customer said it was too big) in exchange for a lifetime guaranteed screen protector.

G3 in the house :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well bit the bullet.... Of course it helped that they had a sale. $100 off selected smartphones which included the G3. G3 was 99 so i got it free. I also made a deal with them. I took a restock unit (open box customer said it was too big) in exchange for a lifetime guaranteed screen protector.

Congratulations! 🙌
Don't forget to let us know how you like it!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Nice! Pics 😀
And before Matt bans you for it...we're going to need an unboxing video 😆

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Pics 😀
And before Matt bans you for it...we're going to need an unboxing video 😆

Too late for unlocking lol. Because I bought a restocked phone it was unboxed. Meh, unboxing vids are overrated anyway.

Thoughts so far: (compared to my S4)
If it wasn't for the top and bottom bezels I'd think I was just holding the display itself

Screen is different. I'm used to Samsung over saturated AMOLED. Not bad, it's very nice just muted colours in comparison.

Speaking of screen.... Damn. 5.5 inches is a lot of screen. Size alone I'm glad I didn't get the note 3.

LG's skin will take getting used to. Confusing compared to TouchWiz, but again it's just a matter of re learning where stuff is.

Battery life remains to be seen, might take a few days to settle in.

No word on camera yet. Have not really tried it out yet.

All in all I think I made the right choice. I'll try to come back in a few days and update you all. In the meantime, I'm gonna hit up the LG forum

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Called it on May 10th.... Check out @think_win_win_'s Tweet: https://twitter.com/think_win_win_/status/465103520514187264?s=15

0ba977869e599d99784610a0c6ff830f.jpg

XT1096NiT Fury. AndroidCentral Moderator

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markrobert