[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried CNA on their Nexus yet? The thread over at XDA sounds like a Justin Bieber fan club meeting. Wanna know if it's worth it.

BTW after being on Skank for so long, the official CM10 is kind of meh. I don't know what I expected but I might go back to AOKP. I really liked the smoothness of yesterday's build and being able to customize my notification background is fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] I <3 JB

Has anyone tried CNA on their Nexus yet? The thread over at XDA sounds like a Justin Bieber fan club meeting. Wanna know if it's worth it.

BTW after being on Skank for so long, the official CM10 is kind of meh. I don't know what I expected but I might go back to AOKP. I really liked the smoothness of yesterday's build and being able to customize my notification background is fun.

Meh, here are my thoughts on CNA = stable rom built using everyone else's features. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but I prefer to run the original--so either CM10 or AOKP for me.

Right now, with the 8/17 build, I think AOKP caught up and surpassed CM10.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

See that CNA has a new grouper thread over at Rootzwiki. I wonder how long his return to sites other than his own will last. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SGSIII

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I think with stuff like that, we have to realize coincidences. AOKP starts posting preview builds and all of a sudden we get a slew of roms with a renamed ROM Control. Coincidence? Maybe :).

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think with stuff like that, we have to realize coincidences. AOKP starts posting preview builds and all of a sudden we get a slew of roms with a renamed ROM Control. Coincidence? Maybe :).

Yes, it's quite convenient that with AOKP getting back to where it was feature-wise on their ICS ROMs, we suddenly see the "triumphant" return of a certain other ROM to RW and xda. Guess there weren't enough adoring users who followed when it was moved off those sites.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes, it's quite convenient that with AOKP getting back to where it was feature-wise on their ICS ROMs, we suddenly see the "triumphant" return of a certain other ROM to RW and xda. Guess there wasn't enough adoring users who followed when it was moved off those sites.

Sent from my SGSIII

And honestly, you can substitute "other rom" for about 10 other roms out there. It's just how it works these days, fortunately or unfortunately.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
And honestly, you can substitute "other rom" for about 10 other roms out there. It's just how it works these days, fortunately or unfortunately.

True. That's why I generally stick with CM or AOKP. The over-the-top love in certain threads increases your risk of diabetes and heart disease. That's a fact. :)

Sent from my SGSIII

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

True. That's why I generally stick with CM or AOKP. The over-the-top love in certain threads increases your risk of diabetes and heart disease. That's a fact. :)

Sent from my SGSIII

Going through those posts is an insult to my intelligence, to be quite frank.

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

hey fellas... being a beach bum again this weekend...

This is why... a small two bed-room, 800 sq/ft, 60 year-old, little beach cottage costs: $800,000..., around here...!!

enjoy...

IMG_20120623_130344.jpg

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Just got home. Now, I can get my Nexus 7 back to life. :D

Sent from my SGSIII

Good luck lol. Pretty painless process. Btw NJAP, what are you doing regarding your flash counter on the GS3? Feel like there is no need to mess with it unless I need to warranty it for something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huangsenyuan