Cheap smart watch, Bluetooth speaker. Want to control music from watch but listen on speaker

djty120

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I have a cheap smart watch from China. Along with a nice Bluetooth speaker (fugoo) i was wondering if there was some sort of bypass or work around. One that would allow me to control the media audio(like pause skip and whatnot) but not force the audio to play on the cheap smart watch. Also curious if that is possible even on the better smart watches out there. Thank you for any out side the box thinking and suggestions!

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as the smartwatch is connected to the phone, that's exactly what it should do (show the music player controls for whatever is playing on the phone and being transmitted to the speaker).

djty120

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Yes i was hoping it would do the same thing spookdroid. Unfortunately it plays the music over the smart watches crappy speaker and not the other Bluetooth speaker that i have connected at the same time

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you initiating the music on the phone first? And do the controls show on your watch? Or are you using an app on the watch?

djty120

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Yes the music is already initiated on Google play music. I think its an app on the watch. The controls won't show up unless i click media audio under the Bluetooth preferences on my android. That's when it takes over the audio and plays it on the watch. If the media audio switch is off it says can't connect when i open the audio app if you will on the watch.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
MIGHT help. The S7 IIRC let's you select where to play media once it has started. It might go to your watch initially but then try to go back to the phone and select the speaker from the audio split option.

djty120

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I was able to start with the one initially and go back to the other m that works out. Thanks so much for your help man!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thompson