Check Charger/USB moisture. Note10+

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
I have been living with this issue for about 2 months now and am tired of not being able to use my phone to fly my drone.

Phone is less then 1 year old, purchased at best buy. No insurance but still under warrenty.

I brought my phone into the local Samsung repair center (youbreakifix). Guy was super cool. He checked everything out and said there was absolutely no signs of ANY water damage. He even called Samsung to talk to them about warrenty repair. When he got off the phone, he walked outside with me to explain that there is a known motherboard issue with these phones and it could very well be a faulty phone. If it was a motherboard issue, I would receive a replacement phone. They could try to replace the USB at the shop but they can't do the motherboard work. So my next step was to call Samsung and try to get them to swap my phone or at the very least have them pay for the USB swap.

After over an hour of total bs run around with Samsung customer service. It seems my only option is to send my phone in to them. So now my choices are to pay for a new USB port locally and hope it fixes the issue. Or purchase a secondary phone to get me through until Samsung repairs/replaces mine.

So I guess my question is, does anyone have any other ideas. Also is Samsungs customer service known to be horrible?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Try and go to Settings - Apps - then click the dots up to the right and select show system apps - now scroll until you find USBSettings - here click Storage - clear cache and clear data - restart phone.
It might work.
Let us know the result.

bobbyleebrown.bb

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Call carrier and swap phone out under warranty!. Verizon sent me a refurbished phone when my screen quit responding to touch and kept say phone was to hot to charge. Mailed me new phone and gave me 5 days to mail old phone back! Also bought phone through best buy.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Try and go to Settings - Apps - then click the dots up to the right and select show system apps - now scroll until you find USBSettings - here click Storage - clear cache and clear data - restart phone.
It might work.
Let us know the result.
This is what worked on my wife's Samsung phones.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
On top of the above advice I would also recommend that you don't use cheap charging cables but only Samsung or another good brand, cheap cables are a suspect in triggering that moisture warning.
If you have one of the alco prep pads that come with screen protectors I would use that and a wooden toothpick to VERY GENTLY but thoroughly clean the charging port to avoid the problem reappearing.

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
Call carrier and swap phone out under warranty!. Verizon sent me a refurbished phone when my screen quit responding to touch and kept say phone was to hot to charge. Mailed me new phone and gave me 5 days to mail old phone back! Also bought phone through best buy.

Thank you for the advice. Did you call Verizon in best buy or Verizons main number?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately this did not work

Sorry to hear, it doesn't always work but was definitely worth a try.
First I would do the cleaning of the port as I described in earlier post, if that doesn't work then I would back up the phone and then download latest firmware and reflash the phone using Odin.

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
Sorry to hear, it doesn't always work but was definitely worth a try.
First I would do the cleaning of the port as I described in earlier post, if that doesn't work then I would back up the phone and then download latest firmware and reflash the phone using Odin.

Thank you for the advice. Not sure if it is the same but I did back up my phone and hard reset. Still have the issue though.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the advice. Not sure if it is the same but I did back up my phone and hard reset. Still have the issue though.

No the hard reset is similar but not exactly the same, hard reset didn't work for me when I had the problem with my Note 8 but flashing with Odin did

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

When it happened to me, I got the thinnest, sharpest instrument I could find, which was a precision knife (Xacto brand), and I folded a good quality paper towel over it once, turning it into a mini scrubbing pad, if you will. Then I scrubbed the inside of the USB C port several times.

Then, to prevent it from happening again, I switched to magnetic charging cables. The bit that stays put in the USB port doesn't let anything else into the port, including potentially wet, oily or otherwise harmful substances (like lentil stew--yes, my magnetic bit saved me.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca