Check USB port for moisture

fujiteam

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my phone 370 days ago, so more than a year. I was just overseas on vacation and my phone started to tell me the USB port had moisture. It doesn't. I was able to charge it by turning the phone off, then plugging it in. As soon as I unplugged it when it was on the notification came back. It is a verzion phone so I would have to root to turn off this malfunctioning protection.

Any advice? It looks like resetting doesn't do anything based on other internet surfaces. It is really pissing me off that this is days past my warranty. I bought square trade on the phone, but $100 for a 370 day old device that is malfunctioning because LG can;t make a phone is absurd.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Condensation can cause moisture. So can dirt that's holding moisture. Use canned air to blow out the charging port area. At worst, the charging port is damaged (or wet inside due to condensation) and the phone will have to go to a repair shop (which won't cost much less than the $100 ST wants).

jmfixitman

Oct 4, 2018
Visit site
Is this a v30? If so that's what I have and I've never seen that warning. Mines with TMobile but that shouldn't batter. I use mine by a steamy hot tub all the time...

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my LG 6 and the only resolution was to contact LG and send it in for warranty repair. They replaced the USB port and I haven't had any issues since.

fujiteam

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Some combination of different charging cables, submerging the phone, a hair dryer, and nail polish remover seems to have worked for the time being.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07