Chinese head unit update

May 2, 2022
Visit site
I'm trying to find updates for my head unit, either firmware or Android (currently Android 8)

I also cannot reset to factory settings because it needs a code which I don't have.

Its slow, freezes everytime I use it and I'm ready to smash it up.

I will attach the spec as shown using Aida64 and hopefully someone can identify what I'm looking for and point me in the right direction.

Manufacturer - LeTV
ANDROID 8.1
MT6580 processor
32bit ARMv7
GPU Mali-400mp
Kernel 3.18.79 (GCC 6.3.1 20170404) (Linaro GCC 6.3.2017.05)
OS_V2.0.5 SWF_GWL_DNYB

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For such an old device from a fairly obscure manufacturer, it's highly unlikely that there were any official updates released.

Have you already tried a factory reset?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Did you just get this ?
The Chinese headunits are problamtic and usually stay on the Android version it came with , try XDA Forums if they have thread on that particular unit and interest to support it .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For such an old device from a fairly obscure manufacturer, it's highly unlikely that there were any official updates released.

Have you already tried a factory reset?
It asks for a code when they try to factory reset

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It asks for a code when they try to factory reset

Whoops, sorry I missed that. That would suggest that someone else owned this head unit previously, and it's asking for a code as a means of Factory Reset Protection. Not much else we can help with, I'm afraid.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Whoops, sorry I missed that. That would suggest that someone else owned this head unit previously, and it's asking for a code as a means of Factory Reset Protection. Not much else we can help with, I'm afraid.
Not necessarily, they have look up codes to perform certain actions they would have to look up to do functions, at least my Chinese Tesla head unit I got for my Stang

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is good luck. I tried looking it up and couldn't find any radios by that brand name. Looking up the brand, I found a LeTV that underwent some mergers years ago. Assuming it's the same brand, I'm not even sure if it still exists (possibly under the LeEco name). If any updates ever happened, they may be long lost by now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
All I can say is good luck. I tried looking it up and couldn't find any radios by that brand name. Looking up the brand, I found a LeTV that underwent some mergers years ago. Assuming it's the same brand, I'm not even sure if it still exists (possibly under the LeEco name). If any updates ever happened, they may be long lost by now.
Those Chinese headunits don't get updates what Android version it came with that's it .
You can find a dev for that device and he will set you up with customize UI layout if you don't like what stock has and it's done through USB stick in the headunit USB port

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I'm pretty sure LeTV is defunct at this point. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le.com

SOAD82

Nov 3, 2022
Visit site
A quick search with get you the code you need,. You’ll find that they pretty much all use the same codes for different brands

antounz

Mar 16, 2024
Visit site
I'm trying to find updates for my chinese brandless head unit, either firmware.

My vehicle is a 2015 VW Tiguan.

It says S90 when I look to pair Bluetooth.

It freezes and resets every time the car turns off. So that means resetting Language, camera and sound settings every time.
Battery in car is ok so i am assuming it is firmware.

also the text on the screen overlaps when going through the menu making it unreadable.

The GPS is naviextras if that helps.

I will attach the spec as shown in photos of the menu.

hopefully someone can identify what I'm looking for and point me in the right direction.

I appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 20240313_181811.jpg
    20240313_181811.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240313_181800.jpg
    20240313_181800.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited: