Chinese review

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Look how big the pix3xl bezels compared to 1+6 , the other question how did they put the white in notification bar without going the whole width?

Attachments

• 350.jpg
    350.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My picture I posted above
You see how the notification is in white ? They have it where it doesn't go across the whole top just the corners

Looking at the photo you posted, it appears the same for both. There's a notch in the center of both devices, and the notification bar goes from either side of the notch to the corners. That's already in Android Pie, my Pixel 2's notifications stop around an inch from the corner, which is leaving a dead space for a notch in the middle if the phone has one. If it doesn't, it's just unused space.

I'm starting to wonder, with all the trolling Google has been doing recently (Pixel Ultra, Super Selfie, etc) if they are doing something similar with the notch and then having an update ready to go to allow for notch camouflaging like the on OnePlus 6 and LG V40. Some have said that there's no indication that they currently allow for it, but something like that wouldn't be hard to do. And doing so would give the device symmetry with the lower bezel, giving it an appearance similar to the Pixel 2 XL's bezels. Google has always been big on symmetry on their phones. Look at the Pixel 1, it didn't need a lower bezel since it had no lower front facing speaker and the buttons were software, but they still would've had a top bezel, which wouldn't have been symmetrical. So it seems odd to me that they'd have a full bezel on the bottom and notch on the top. They could've done two notches, the one on the top we currently have, and a similar one of the bottom for the front facing speaker.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Looking at the photo you posted, it appears the same for both. There's a notch in the center of both devices, and the notification bar goes from either side of the notch to the corners. That's already in Android Pie, my Pixel 2's notifications stop around an inch from the corner, which is leaving a dead space for a notch in the middle if the phone has one. If it doesn't, it's just unused space.

I'm starting to wonder, with all the trolling Google has been doing recently (Pixel Ultra, Super Selfie, etc) if they are doing something similar with the notch and then having an update ready to go to allow for notch camouflaging like the on OnePlus 6 and LG V40. Some have said that there's no indication that they currently allow for it, but something like that wouldn't be hard to do. And doing so would give the device symmetry with the lower bezel, giving it an appearance similar to the Pixel 2 XL's bezels. Google has always been big on symmetry on their phones. Look at the Pixel 1, it didn't need a lower bezel since it had no lower front facing speaker and the buttons were software, but they still would've had a top bezel, which wouldn't have been symmetrical. So it seems odd to me that they'd have a full bezel on the bottom and notch on the top. They could've done two notches, the one on the top we currently have, and a similar one of the bottom for the front facing speaker.

I'm talking about the hight of the notification bar is smaller on the 1+6 .
That would of been interesting to see a notch both top and bottom.
The question I asked Mike was the picture shows the notification on the corners white how can I get that same look On my 1+6? I think pretty much all phones had the big bezel before the notch came about .

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm talking about the hight of the notification bar is smaller on the 1+6 .
That would of been interesting to see a notch both top and bottom.
The question I asked Mike was the picture shows the notification on the corners white how can I get that same look On my 1+6? I think pretty much all phones had the big bezel before the notch came about .

But the height of the notification bar is the same on each RELATIVE to the height of their respective notches. So I'd imagine there is something in software that says "if the notch is X amount tall, make notification bar X amount tall". Because I figure they'd have to address the notch in software for each specific device so the display doesn't try to show relevant info in that area. So tying the height of the notification bar to the height of the not just makes sense.