Chinese tablet - cannot install Youtube, Google play works

Kubick4

Dec 12, 2021
Visit site
Hello,
I have a strange problem, I've got tablet from my friend which I factory reseted.
There is already Google store preinstalled, I've had to manually download new version to be able to install apps, but when I try to download Youtube, the app will download, starts installing, but when it finishes it's simply not there.
I have also tried to download it manually from other servers, but when I click to install it, it says "error analyzing package".
The youtube Music is similar, it will install, but when I open it, it says "application stopped working"
I have tried different versions, but it's always the same.
But for example I can install Chrome from app store and no problem, so it seems strange for me.
Could it be that some module is missing which is necessary to run youtube services?
Tablet is Android 9, so it should be sufficient to run.

Thank you

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
This is only a guess but since most of Googles services are blocked in China, if it's a tablet meant to be sold to the Chinese market it may have some kind of restriction blocking it in the software/hardware.

Do you know if these apps worked for your friend or before the factory reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The tablet might not actually have Android 9. These off-brand or no-name Chinese manufacturers often lie through their teeth about specs -- just watch YouTuber SMOOREZ when he reviews phones and tablets from Wish and other similar terrible sites. So if the tablet is actually running a much older version of Android, the current YouTube app might not be compatible.

Kubick4

Dec 12, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for the asnwers, I am not sure if Youtube was working before, I was also thinking about restrictions, but Google Chrome installs normally.
How can I check what Android am I actually running?
I have checked the latest Youtube app and it should run on Android 6 same as Chrome.

You know it's strange, I've tried to install some game from Google Store and it worked normally,
At the beginning I've had to manually update Google Store to newer version and also installed Google play services (not sure if it was neccessary).

Last edited:

Kubick4

Dec 12, 2021
Visit site
So it was fake Andriod version, instead of 9.0 I have Lollipop. But I managed to get Youtube , I've installed [redacted by Mod] and it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Aha, that's what I figured. Glad you found a workaround -- but I edited out the name of that app, because we don't allow discussion about it (since it violates YouTube's terms of service).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej