Choetech B617Q Power Bank review

anon(2255)

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello! A few days ago, I received a Choetech B617Q power bank to review, and well, I've never reviewed a power bank before, so bear with me.

First off, here's a link to the Power Bank, because how else would you know where to get it from?
Amazon.com: [Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0] CHOE 10400mAh Portable External Battery Power Bank Charger with QC 3.0 Input&Output + Lightning Input Port for Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, LG G5, HTC One A9 and more: Cell Phones & Accessories

OK, so now, the specs. Everyone loves specs, right? So here they are:

Capacity: 10400mAH 38.48Wh
Battery Type: 18650 2600mAH
Input 1 (Lightning): 5V 2.4A
Input 2 (MicroUSB): 5V 2.4A
Output 1 (QC 3.0 Port) 5V 3A/9V 2A/12V 1.5A (standard)
Output 2 (High Efficiency Port): 5V 1A (standard)
Dimensions: 3.9x2.9x0.8 inches
Weight: 236g/0.52 oz (This seems to be wrong here, it's solid!) (I just measured it on a kitchen scale, and it's 0.58 Lbs, so 263g, or 9.28 Oz, or 0.04142857 stone, for you wacky Brits out there)

Oh hey look, more printed specs!

DUFzwoM.jpg

OK, so I'm not going to do an unboxing. It's a beige box. Inside a white cardboard sleeve with a minimalist design and a picture of the product. GO FIGURE. You don't need, nor want to see me unboxing this, because frankly, it would be boring, right? I will say that inside, you get the power bank (Duh!), a USB to Micro USB cable (Like we don't have 20 of these laying around), and the instructions, which actually help. Why would instructions help, you might ask? I'll tell you!

ffc4bZ0.jpg

See those LEDs? Yes, they tell you how much of a charge you have, but it also tells you when you're using QuickCharge or not, as the first LED turns green instead of blue. And did I mention this was QuickCharge 3.0? So you can enjoy it with your phone, and it's future proof for your next upgrade!

Now, you have a few ports to choose from here. You can use the QuickCharge port, or the normal port, or BOTH, to charge your devices. You can also recharge the power bank using MicroUSB OR a Lightning cable, so even if you forget your cable at home, someone is bound to have you covered.

JUST LOOK AT THESE PORTS!

OJqxmWZ.jpg

Now, there's not much other features I can talk about here. It's a big honking battery. However, this is a SOLID device, made out of powder coated black aluminum (Aluminium for you wacky brits, I cater to you guys), with some nice chamfered edges that are polished to a chrome like shine. The power button is plastic, but is solid and clicky, and all around the device feels well designed and put together. I'm going to leave you with a few more pics, and feel free to ask questions!

Mof6vld.jpg
ackueOm.jpg

Last edited:

anon(2255)

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! I seriously have no idea how to review a battery pack. "Uh, it charges things. Quickly. And uhh... It works" didn't seem like it would cut it.

I'll be doing another review for Choetech's (new, triple coil) fast charger, as soon as my S7 Edge arrives. Hopefully I can put some more relevant info in there. Feel free to suggest things you'd like me to touch on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One question about power banks that I've seen more than once on these forums is about the LED lights and what they mean. I would imagine that they're pretty standard across power banks, but you never know--some might display special information. So it's good that you mentioned the LEDs.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech