Choppy Video off Sd Card

pjcurran23

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't understand why i took 32GB sd card out of EVO 3D and put it in my EVO 4G LTE and the video is choppy. Use MX Player but every other player i download is the same choppy crap. Would guess it was a cheap card (cause it was) but why would it work in my 3D but not the LTE?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Don't understand why i took 32GB sd card out of EVO 3D and put it in my EVO 4G LTE and the video is choppy. Use MX Player but every other player i download is the same choppy crap. Would guess it was a cheap card (cause it was) but why would it work in my 3D but not the LTE?

Did you have you E3D root'd and ROM'd? If so, there were hacks to make the SD card's read/write speeds better. I'd be shocked if HTC hadn't incorporated those hacks into their new release, but if it wasn't a high priority fix on their radar it may not have been addressed.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, just thought there might be a correlation there. For me, I moved my 16GB SD card from my EVO 4G to my EVO 3D to my EVO 4G LTE. Everything seems to be the same for me. Video playback is smooth and has no issues. Not sure why you are having issue all of the sudden. If it was working on the a stock EVO 3D it should work the same on the EVO 4G LTE. The girl at Best Buy that setup my phone did plug in the SD card while the phone was powered on. Not sure if this was the case for you or not, but maybe a good reboot is in order?

Reactions: pjcurran23

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually realized I have to use 'gallery' by default.. will look for a better player, as I don't like the fact that I can't watch Quick Time videos.. yikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rigby