Cleaning glue residue off camera lenses

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
When I remove the separate ESR camera lens it leaves a little bit of glue residue. What would you recommend cleaning that off with that won't damage the lenses, the coating on the lenses, or the coating on the medal frame around the lenses? I just won't that little bit of left over glue good and gone.

Thanks

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Why did you remove them?

Is there any damage to the finish around the lenses after you pull the protectors off and clean up the glue?

I'm afraid to remove mine.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Why did you remove them?

Is there any damage to the finish around the lenses after you pull the protectors off and clean up the glue?

I'm afraid to remove mine.
I wanted to install a dBrand skin. I installed the skin and put another set of lens protectors on but I did note the residue left from the old set of protectors.

I didn't notice any damage to the finish around the lens and 2as wondering what I could use to get the tiny amount of glue residue off but I guess I could just use my fingernail carefully. I might decide that I don't want to use camera lens protectors at all one day and will need the lenses to be in the same condition as they were when I unboxed the device.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I might decide that I don't want to use camera lens protectors at all one day and will need the lenses to be in the same condition as they were when I unboxed the device.

I have a couple of these individual lens protectors in my Amazon cart but I haven't ordered them. They let you keep the cool look of the individual lenses and use different cases but I could see myself struggling to get them off. I have gone with the other kind of protector that is one piece and lays on top of the lenses. Unfortunately, it hides the look of the individual lenses. Anyway, it's an option.

But, like you, I might decide to just wing it for a while with no protector so those individual lenses are visible.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a couple of these individual lens protectors in my Amazon cart but I haven't ordered them. They let you keep the cool look of the individual lenses and use different cases but I could see myself struggling to get them off. I have gone with the other kind of protector that is one piece and lays on top of the lenses. Unfortunately, it hides the look of the individual lenses. Anyway, it's an option.

But, like you, I might decide to just wing it for a while with no protector so those individual lenses are visible.
I am using the individual lens protectors again. I just like know that if I decide the remove them the phone can look as clean and flawless as when unboxed. I'm a nerd for that kind of thing.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I am using the individual lens protectors again. I just like know that if I decide the remove them the phone can look as clean and flawless as when unboxed. I'm a nerd for that kind of thing.

Were the lenses and finish around them in perfect condition once you removed the glue residue?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Were the lenses and finish around them in perfect condition once you removed the glue residue?
There was a little bit of glue (a tiny bit) that I could see on the finish around them. I got most of it off with a fingernail before applying new lens protectors (after I applied the new dBrand skin to the phone).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali