Clipboard limits

BeadKnit

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
I find the clipboard on my phone (Galaxy S9+) is woefully puny. A very big part of the problem is that every time I take a screenshot it puts it in the clipboard and those screenshots take up valuable slots in my clipboard. I use my phone for a lot of researching and send many links to my computer when I don't have the ability to be there, so when I lose links before I can get them to my computer, I can't get them back. They're gone! But those screenshots are both in my screenshots and in my clipboard, which is redundant and a waste of my clipboard space.

How do I either increase the size of the clipboard or stop the phone from putting the screenshots in the clipboard? I've looked for answers for this for hours and haven't found anything other than clipboard limits on data size. But that isn't my problem. I just want to have a large clipboard like my old phone had, without the screenshots tying up space and deleting earlier links I was planning to send to myself.

I try to send links frequently and clear them out of the clipboard, but sometimes I don't get them sent before I end up doing something else, like taking a bunch of screenshots that fill the clipboard.

Thanks in advance!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
One solution to the links issue - set up chrome on your desktop, log in to it with the same account as on your phone and set up sync, bookmark the pages in chrome on your phone and you can then access them from the desktop without any action needed sure from bookmarking the page.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hallux made a good suggestion. I think you could also look on the play store for a clipboard manager app that would act as your clipboard and allow you to manage it

BeadKnit

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
Hallux,

Thank you! Unfortunately, Chrome won't work, as not all of the things I save to the clipboard are links; they might be book titles and authors, notes from texts, various things I need to remember.

BeadKnit

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
Kizzy Catwoman (LOVE your name!),

Thank you! Since I was unclear that not all of my clipboard saves are URLs, as they can just be plain text notations, I'm thinking perhaps I need a clipboard manager app. Super idea!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky