Clock > Alarm problem

Max301

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I have a little problem with my fathers phone.
It have installed the last 6.0.1 update (KERNEL 3.4.0.perf-g43ea728, BUILD 23.5.A.0.575) and now his phone keep getting stucked when an alarm rings.
If an alarm start ringing when his phone is locked then the screen turns on, the alarm start ringing but the time is not displayed and the same will happen with the "SNOOZE" and the "SWIPE to TURN OFF" buttons.
The screen is freezed with his wallpaper image and by long pressing the lock/unlock button he can finally see at least the home and back buttons.
Whatever is pressed the alarm will keep ring until the phone is rebooted.

Does someone know what could be the solution?
I already tried to reset the clock app, restart it and giving it all the authorizations it may need.. but all for nothing it seems..

Sry for the bad english but I hope I made myself clear enough O:)

Thank you for every bit of help/guess you can give me!;)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes with a large update, you need to clear the phone cache, or even do a complete wipe/restore if things are acting weird. Some settings just don't carry over cleanly all the time :(

Badaboing

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Did you manage to fix this problem with the alarm on the Z3 Compact? I have exactly the same problem since upgrading to 6.0.1 on my Z3. Sony advised me to perform a software repair (reinstall Android) via the Xperia Companion software, but it's still happening.

vitorfernandes1983

Dec 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

Did you manage to fix this problem with the alarm on the Z3 Compact? I have exactly the same problem since upgrading to 6.0.1 on my Z3. Sony advised me to perform a software repair (reinstall Android) via the Xperia Companion software, but it's still happening.

Hi, this issue has something to do with water damage, I had this issue before, kept installing firmwares with flashtool, until one worked, but I got my phone wet again, and noticed the USB cap is not sealing properly, there was water inside, and the issue came back now. It seems to mess up with style cover detection, I have never used a cover of any kind.

Buy a new USB cap to properly seal the phone again. Wait a few days to see if the phone dries completely and then try reinstalling a new firmware with flashtool.
I have this issue at the moment but I know its fixable as I already did it a few months back.

Do not listen to sony support or people saying its a third party app or any of that, they have no clue. I was forced to figure it out by myself as no one actually knows of this issue on the internet.

Badaboing

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi, this issue has something to do with water damage, I had this issue before, kept installing firmwares with flashtool, until one worked, but I got my phone wet again, and noticed the USB cap is not sealing properly, there was water inside, and the issue came back now. It seems to mess up with style cover detection, I have never used a cover of any kind.

Buy a new USB cap to properly seal the phone again. Wait a few days to see if the phone dries completely and then try reinstalling a new firmware with flashtool.
I have this issue at the moment but I know its fixable as I already did it a few months back.

Do not listen to sony support or people saying its a third party app or any of that, they have no clue. I was forced to figure it out by myself as no one actually knows of this issue on the internet.

Hi,

I have upgraded to a new phone now and no longer use the Z3 but thanks for taking the time to reply. I think you're right that this was related to water damage. I also had to replace my USB cap to get a good seal and this problem went away on its own eventually (I guess once it had dried out properly).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74