CM7 enabling something?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
d0365543-ab7e-661c.jpg

Ignore everything I was doing I just noticed that H on my signal strength... I am running CM7... curious as to why that shows up, it pops up randomly

Sent from my Nexus S

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
H or HSDPA (High Speed Data Packet Access) is usually associated with data, it's a lot faster. HSDPA does exists on stock 2.3 builds (without the H icon), TD added the icon to CM7.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
My understanding, is it's called HSPA or HSPA+ for the protocol family (meaning "High Speed Packet Access" or something like that). HSDPA/HSUPA is for "download" and "upload". You can see what I mean on the Nexus S spec page: Nexus S Tech specs. HSPA is what the GSM 3G technology/protocol is called.

Our phones can do 7mb/s download and 5mb/s upload. I think 7mb is the max for HSPA. After that, you're onto HSPA+, which doesn't seem to have an upper limit. [It of course does, I only jest because T-Mobile keeps announcing higher and higher rates.]

Sorry, can't answer why the "H" appears, though.

Last edited:

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Now the NS isn't capable of operating on T-Mo's HSPA+ network. HSPA+ is T-Mo's version of 4G, but it's theoretically slower than LTE and WiMAX. But some reported that they were downloading speed was quite fast (similar to HSPA+ speeds) on the NS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doom44