CM7 Nightly SD Bootable Help?

viscosity22

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I found this on the xda forums

Q: IS THERE AN SD-ONLY "BOOTABLE" VERSION?
Not from the nighty builds. However-- should someone want to create such a bootable SD-- (warning: Slightly technical answer all it would take to create one is a new uRamdisk file with the partitions in init.encore.rc pointing to the correct partitions on the SD card.

[USER] CM7 General Discussion thread - xda-developers

I'm pretty new to Android and I found some info on nookdevs.com, but it might take me awhile to do. Any one with more knowledge than me give it a shot, or has it been done already?

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I started looking into it last night. However I never got a chance to finish digging into it. (I have a 6 week old son at home so my nights are often unpredictable :D .. )

I did notice in the source it appears someone has already worked on a script that will create a ramdisk image that's bootable on an SD card.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_bn_encore/blob/gingerbread/sd_ramdisk_packer.sh

I hope to mess with it over the next few nights and see if I get something going. Although there's probably about a 50/50 shot that I won't have enough time to dig in, so no promises.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably going to wait for the Honeycomb source to come out at this point. I'm sure the CM7 project is awesome (I plan on updating my Evo to use CM7). However at this point I'll probably wait for Honeycomb. I've been running the Honeycomb preview.

A bootable SD version would certainly be good though for people to test out CM7 (kind of like a Linux Live CD). I can't blame them for waiting for the project to get a little further along though.

If you guys mess with it good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GodofFire