CNN says Samsung copied Apple

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung copied Apple

Yeah it definitely looks similar from the bottom. Noticed that day one. But I do not care. Ideas are always borrowed.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I like that everyone is saying Samsung copied apple pay.... Samsung has a partnership with Authentec in 2012 to release finger print pay. Apple went ahead and bought Authentec and stopped the deal with Samsung. That wasn't even apples idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I like that everyone is saying Samsung copied apple pay.... Samsung has a partnership with Authentec in 2012 to release finger print pay. Apple went ahead and bought Authentec and stopped the deal with Samsung. That wasn't even apples idea.

Wow, I thought you were making that up... but you're absolutely correct! It's funny that this info isn't better known. I can't believe how many Apple bloggers have taken jabs at Samsung for Samsung Pay (*cough* Rene Ritchie *cough*).

Proof:
Apple Buys Samsung’s Android Security Partner AuthenTec For $356M | TechCrunch

May 19, 2014
Visit site

apple is truly innovative. There was only 25 letters before apple invented the "i". Without apple, there would be no macintoshes, no red delicious, no gala, or even fujis. The universe might not even exist without apple.,

jojen

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

I don't agree this was a copy job. If you compare the construction quality as well as the speed, fluidity, and reliability of the software on both phones there's not really any similarities

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Samsung copied Apple with the GS6. They have, however, taken some liberal design cues from the iPhone 6. Nothing wrong with that.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Most peoples arguments here are either:

1. They didn't copy Samsung
2. Apple has copied others.

To deny Samsung devices have been "influenced" by iPhones is ridiculous. Quit lying to yourself. Their devices were still good android phones.

This time around the bottom of the phone looks so identical to the iPhone and yet people here are still denying it. Its mind blowing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Has Samsung historically copied Apple? Absolutely. No one will deny that (except for Samsung execs under oath).

Did Samsung copy the iPhone 6 for the S6? Aside from the striking similarities of the bottom edge, there are no other angles where the S6 would be mistaken for the iPhone 6. Or the iPhone 4. Or any other iPhone.

The Galaxy S was undeniably an attempt at looking like the iPhone. The S6 is not at attempt at looking like the iPhone. The similarities at the bottom are likely driven by engineering factors than anything else. What is the value in mimicking just the bottom edge of the iPhone 6?

May 19, 2014
Visit site

I've had 7 or 8 flagship Android phones from Samsung and Motorola over the last 3 years.

Not once has anyone referred to my phone as an "Android" phone. Every single time someone
asks me about my phone it's always one of the following:

(1) "can I borrow your iPhone?" (S5)

(2) "wow, is that the new big iPhone?" (my Note 3 and Note 4 get this question frequently)

(3) "you use an iPhone but you also carry a Samsung tablet?" or "how come you don't use
an iPad if you're using iPhones?
(had my Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Tab S 10.5 at the time,
neither one is a product of Apple, Inc.)

Not sure what you are trying to say. Most people call locking pliers, vice grips, most people call cotton swabs, q-tips, most people call tissues, kleenex. The masses are mindless zombies.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I've had 7 or 8 flagship Android phones from Samsung and Motorola over the last 3 years.

Not once has anyone referred to my phone as an "Android" phone. Every single time someone
asks me about my phone it's always one of the following:

(1) "can I borrow your iPhone?" (S5)

(2) "wow, is that the new big iPhone?" (my Note 3 and Note 4 get this question frequently)

(3) "you use an iPhone but you also carry a Samsung tablet?" or "how come you don't use
an iPad if you're using iPhones?
(had my Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Tab S 10.5 at the time,
neither one is a product of Apple, Inc.)

Back in 2012 I used my Galaxy Nexus Google wallet to pay for my items frequently at 7eleven and other gas stations, everyone in line and cashiers would always say wow in astonishment and say is that the new iPhone... I'd shake my head and say no its a Samsung then they'd seem slightly less impressed with the tech. Smh everyone seems brainwashed to believe if it ain't apple it ain't right despite the innovation, benefits and advancement.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

apple is truly innovative. There was only 25 letters before apple invented the "i". Without apple, there would be no macintoshes, no red delicious, no gala, or even fujis. The universe might not even exist without apple.,

If one is to believe the Bible, we'd all be living in a perfect Utopian world without Apple...

dulltech

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

This is Samsung "ATIV S" smartphone which was showed up in Berlin, 2012 and sold in 2013.
Don't you think iPhone 6 looks like this phone?

x.jpg

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Everyone copies everyone. I've said it before and I will continue to say it, Apple is simply the mainstream phone for the "cool" buyer. They are genius when it comes to marketing their products and making their customers believe they have invented everything to make their lives better. Plain and simple.

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

CNN - Communist News Network. :D

Apple's moto: If we can't innovate, we'll litigate!

jojen

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Why wouldn't you want to try to emulate an iPhone? They're built incredibly well, run superbly on lower specs, and have the benefit of finely tuned hardware and software engineering under the same roof. Honestly if there was such a thing as an android phone that ran as well as an iPhone I'd be all over it. But there just isn't.
It's not quality that keeps me on Android, it's because I prefer how android OS works more like a PC than iOS does. But that's it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Why wouldn't you want to try to emulate an iPhone? They're built incredibly well, run superbly on lower specs, and have the benefit of finely tuned hardware and software engineering under the same roof. Honestly if there was such a thing as an android phone that ran as well as an iPhone I'd be all over it. But there just isn't.
It's not quality that keeps me on Android, it's because I prefer how android OS works more like a PC than iOS does. But that's it.

The GS6 is certainly a great first step down that path.

jojen

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
The GS6 is certainly a great first step down that path.

Absolutely agree. I just wish we were a little further along. ART didn't quite match my expectations for it, which were admittedly very high. I had really hoped it was going to bring in a noticeably more speed and fluidity than it did but I can't with any honesty say I do notice a difference between my 5.02 and 4.4.4 devices with the naked eye. I'm just getting burned out by the peaks and valleys of the updates roller coaster. JB started a tad slow, Project butter sped things up, initial releases of KitKat slowed my devices down again, subsequent patches brought them back, Lollipop bugs slowed them down again with the known memory leak bug and another bug that caused a mishandling of quad core operations. Apparently 5.1 is intended to address that. But now I'm looking at historical trends and saying to myself, "when will it actually pull ahead rather than up-down-up-down?" and I'm also frustrated by knowing I have to wait for Samsung (or any other brand) as well as my carrier to push it to me.

I just feel like I'm being strung along endlessly chasing a dangled carrot. This is an Android problem not Samsung I know. Is it good enough? Yes of course, but it could also be better. That's why I said earlier that I have zero problem with Samsung trying to emulate Apple. As far as I'm concerned that's a plus not a negative. If their executives came right out and said, yes we're totally copying Apple! I would be like "good! keep doing it!" I actually wish they'd send a memo to every carrier on the planet informing them that they won't let them sell their phones unless they concede to direct updates. I think they're now in a position to do that. They could muscle the smaller carriers first, and then once written agreements are in place go after the big ones.