Comparing the S7 Edge vs HTC 10...I'm torn

SharroPT

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
The quality of construction of HTC always gave me better looking phones after 2 years of usage compared to other brands in my office. They are work horses.

The Desire S survived to my oldest son for 4 years (10 to 14 years).

From the 4 generations of HTC phones that family has owned 2 have broken their screen and 1 swap phone is giving me troubles with GSM connection.

A Desire HD survived to 4 minutes down a water stream and is still working.

M9 was the biggest disappointment in my life and I'll always blame qualcom...

Now the 10 except for the IR blaster that I'm missing from the M8 has all I need in a phone for the next 2/3 years.

Audio quality which I praise a lot is the best I've seen so far, really great, pitty there are no 1tb microsd available to carry all my FLAC audio library.

Battery has not let me down a single day.

I love Sense still I always install custom roms (Leedroid) and the improvements are always noticeable on either speed or battery.

HTC 10 should have been water / shock proof.

The screen has the right white balance , photos are good (I don't believe phone will ever beat a dedicated camera)

Smart charge 3.0 is hell fast to what I was used to.

Still can't find HTC Ice View case (another plus for me) anywhere in Europe...

HTC support has never let me down.

HTC needs way better marketing than it has.

It's a phone made to last.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
For those of you who care...I actually decided on the s7 Edge. The bigger screen, better display, and better battery life is pretty much what won me over. I still love my HTC 10, there are many things I wish Samsung did that HTC has done (namely audio and usb type c). However neither of these will be massive deal breakers.

I appreciate everyones feedback. Both are fantastic phones. If only there was a hybrid between both. ;)

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
For those of you who care...I actually decided on the s7 Edge. The bigger screen, better display, and better battery life is pretty much what won me over. I still love my HTC 10, there are many things I wish Samsung did that HTC has done (namely audio and usb type c). However neither of these will be massive deal breakers.

I appreciate everyones feedback. Both are fantastic phones. If only there was a hybrid between both. ;)

Good choice :p

What color do you have? And what color was your 10? Did the feel and design have anything to do with the decision?

Posted via the Android Central App

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I thought both of the designs were fantastic and felt awesome in the hand. The 10 does feel a tad more premium with the metal. As for colors, the 10 I had black front silver black (Verizon model), and for the s7 edge I had the black. But really design had little influence on my decision, since they both felt great and premium in their own way.

But truth be told, my 10 didn't hold up well even though I had it for only a few days. I had a minor drop due to the 10 being quite slippery, and the back got around 5 different small scuffs/marks. Which was pretty surprising, I was expecting it to hold up better. I've dropped the s7 edge a few times with little to no damage. Totally contradicts the drop test I've seen online.

But again, both are great phones. Can't go wrong with either. I'm sure as hell going to miss the audio quality through the 3.5mm jack though. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza