Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Circular battery icon to work with Clockwork 3.0.0.5

Hey guys.

Just updated to Clockwork 3.0.0.5 and flashed midNIGHT ROM 3.1 last night. Got everything working awesomely. Only thing is that I can't get my circular battery icon .zip to install with the new Clockwork as it only works with edify scripts. I believe it said something to that effect last night.

I downloaded the original zip from here ...

Does anyone know of a version that supports installation in Clockwork 3.0.0.5?

Please note, I like the stock midNIGHT theme. I don't want to have to install a different theme just to get the new battery icon. If it doesn't exist, then I'll just suck it up and move on.

Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys.

Just updated to Clockwork 3.0.0.5 and flashed midNIGHT ROM 3.1 last night. Got everything working awesomely. Only thing is that I can't get my circular battery icon .zip to install with the new Clockwork as it only works with edify scripts. I believe it said something to that effect last night.

I downloaded the original zip from here ...

Does anyone know of a version that supports installation in Clockwork 3.0.0.5?

Please note, I like the stock midNIGHT theme. I don't want to have to install a different theme just to get the new battery icon. If it doesn't exist, then I'll just suck it up and move on.

Thanks!

Send me an exact link to the battery mod you want and I will convert it for you. Since there is different colors/styles listed there.

Reactions: Donmeister85

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey Paul, thanks for your help! I actually found a circular battery icon on the side column of ptfdmedic's Android Development page on his blog. It works pretty nicely. But I still like the other battery icon mod too.

Download here

Thanks again!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey Paul, thanks for your help! I actually found a circular battery icon on the side column of ptfdmedic's Android Development page on his blog. It works pretty nicely. But I still like the other battery icon mod too.

Download here

Thanks again!

Here's that file converted for you.

Battery mod

Also I did have Ragnarokx post a battery mod I pulled directly from midNIGHT's v3.1 theme. It is just the Blue Circle battery mod and his framework so the status bar and all will remain as is since your running midNIGHT.

Its in the first post of this thread.
Blue Battery Meter from midNIGHT Theme

There's some options. Glad to help.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Here's that file converted for you.

Battery mod

Also I did have Ragnarokx post a battery mod I pulled directly from midNIGHT's v3.1 theme. It is just the Blue Circle battery mod and his framework so the status bar and all will remain as is since your running midNIGHT.

Its in the first post of this thread.
Blue Battery Meter from midNIGHT Theme

There's some options. Glad to help.

Hey Paul, the blue battery icon that you converted for me today for some reason didn't work. Not exactly sure why. I tried flashing it twice but to no avail. It made absolutely no change to the battery icon. The one that you posted from ragnarokx worked, but i also noticed that the colors of the notification drop down were a little different. No biggie though. Just letting you know.

Could you look into the blue battery icon that you converted sometime? No big rush, as I appreciate you even bothering to convert it for me. Thanks!

Sent from my Epic 4G :cool:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I notice the site you grabbed it from was for the Samsung Vibrant. Also the post date was August 19th, 2010. This is probably for Eclair and not Froyo which is probably why it isn't applying the flash. Sorry I didn't see that sooner.

As for the other blue bat mod you flashed that was the best I could come up with at that time when I pulled that battery mod from midNIGHTs rom.

Battery mods are a bit difficult because they often break/change a current theme in some way/shape/or form. They almost have to be custom tailored to each rom to keep from doing so.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I notice the site you grabbed it from was for the Samsung Vibrant. Also the post date was August 19th, 2010. This is probably for Eclair and not Froyo which is probably why it isn't applying the flash. Sorry I didn't see that sooner.

As for the other blue bat mod you flashed that was the best I could come up with at that time when I pulled that battery mod from midNIGHTs rom.

Battery mods are a bit difficult because they often break/change a current theme in some way/shape/or form. They almost have to be custom tailored to each rom to keep from doing so.

Yeah, it's no big deal. I know it worked awesomely with midNIGHT 2.4. So I figured it work work fine with this version as well. Oh well. No worries. Once again, thanks for trying!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's no big deal. I know it worked awesomely with midNIGHT 2.4. So I figured it work work fine with this version as well. Oh well. No worries. Once again, thanks for trying!

Let me double check the file make sure I didn't mix up the files. I will get back to you on this.

hjstod

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I rooted about a week ago and am so happy I did, couldn't have done it without this site. I had problems with my GPS and worked on that post to fix it. I have found several fixes for problems I was having, I cannot see how to fix my bluetooth. I go into my settings and push the check to turn it on, it says "turning on" and it doesn't turn on. Then it reverts to "turn on bluetooth," can anyone help me? By the way, I have yet to install a custom rom, I'm just taking baby steps right now, is there a custom rom that might fix this?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I rooted about a week ago and am so happy I did, couldn't have done it without this site. I had problems with my GPS and worked on that post to fix it. I have found several fixes for problems I was having, I cannot see how to fix my bluetooth. I go into my settings and push the check to turn it on, it says "turning on" and it doesn't turn on. Then it reverts to "turn on bluetooth," can anyone help me? By the way, I have yet to install a custom rom, I'm just taking baby steps right now, is there a custom rom that might fix this?

Did you upgrade to Froyo or did you just root with stock Eclair 2.1?

If you did upgrade to Froyo which method did you use to upgrade. More information provided the better.

Any custom ROMs you install should fix whatever bug/conflict is causing your bluetooth issue since your changes.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I did upgrade to froyo using this method http://forum.androidcentral.com/epi...m-stock-froyo-dk28-no-clockwork-required.html I went with the deodexed version
Then I used method #4 to get my gps to work
http://forum.androidcentral.com/epi...s/47362-four-ways-fix-gps-problems-froyo.html

I'm running 2.2 with kernel 2.6.32.9
I tried looking in the different forums for a bluetooth fix but have yet to find one.

Check back in about 5-10 minutes and I will have a fix for you.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks sooooo much :) Flashing in CWM means putting it on the sd card right? sorry I'm still a lil new to this

Put it on your SD card.

Shut down phone. Wait for it to completely shut down.

Hold volume down+camera+power to boot into CWM (ClockWorkMod)

You navigate CWM by using your volume up/down buttons to scroll and Camera button to select, Back Key to go back..

Install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>find the file on your sdcard>scroll down to install

After the install, go back then select Reboot system now.

Last edited:
Reactions: hjstod
Status
Not open for further replies.