"Congratulations! You have won!" pop-ups? Should I worry?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Getting these pop-ups the last few days. Seems like when I open the browser is when it happens, not every time by any means, but about 3 times over the weekend. Anyone else ever see these and should I be worried? I suppose I could run a virus scan. What is your favorite security app for android?

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Getting these pop-ups the last few days. Seems like when I open the browser is when it happens, not every time by any means, but about 3 times over the weekend. Anyone else ever see these and should I be worried? I suppose I could run a virus scan. What is your favorite security app for android?

[URL=http://i.minus.com/jbqeUDPVQGzNUV.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]

[URL=http://i.minus.com/je0Ohdlb8uFnB.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]

[URL=http://i.minus.com/jn24gO2gvIgTd.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]

I would go ahead and run a scan. I use Lookout Mobile Security & Lookout Ad Network Detector

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Is that Facebook?

Definitely get a security app. I use Trustgo free version and it will warn me about apps that have pop up or ads and I just remove them.

Securi-who? lol I can't see wasting good money on something so trivial. Factory reset will keep you safer than any app.

MCRodgers2

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I getting these too, says I've won a free Iphone. Pops up at the most inconvenient times.

I can't seem to identify when it pops up. Maybe it is related to Facebook, but not sure.

It's too bad there is no real advice on what to do anywhere.

All's folks can offer here is "run a scan".

I do have the Malware Bytes app, but it will not complete it's scan without crashing, so far.
THAT'S not good.

I'm going to download the BitDefender app and see if that helps.

Does seems like maybe my browser has been highjacked but I don't need to be using the browser for the pop up to appear.

Can't seem to find much detailed advice.
New Iphone7  2015-10-13 05.07.46.jpg

Last edited:

andyhurley

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting these too for the last few days. I THINK it only started after my Nexus 5 upgraded to Marshmallow. I did have non-trusted sources turned on for a short while as I was installing Amazon Prime Instant Video but that is off again now.

I have run a scan with Avast but it has found no infections, I have installed Ad-Blocker thinking it was being triggered by ads but it is still happening.

My feeling is we have a new attack, does anyone think uninstalling Chrome could fix it?

EDIT: For the record I don't have facebook installed so it's not that.

wolf1971_123

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I also have been getting these as well on my Samsung s6 edge only got the phone 8days ago and this started a Cpl of days ago have even done a hard reset, have not downloaded any apps since I have done the reset and I still get the you have won an iphone 7 when I go on the internet, any help will be appreciated as the phone is an expensive alarm clock at the moment

Last edited:

anon(605125)

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the s"free" iPhone 6S pop up today on my note 5. Any resolution from anyone? Appeared to be from facebook, facebook.com--prize info . Didn't click through anything from there, nobody "gives away" $699 phones without some catch....

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
it is not the phone it is your router, reset the DNS and it should go away and also change the password of the router to something different than the default one it came with

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
try and do a bit of a search and you will realise that it does, not saying that it is 100% in this case but plenty reports of this specific problem due to router being hacked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow