Connecting Galaxy S3 to Laptop WiFi

StormingKiwi

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

Here's my internet situation - I have a wired ethernet cable going directly into my laptop.

What I want to do is set it up so that both my laptop and my Galaxy S3 can use the internet at the same time. What I would like to do is create a wifi network hosted by my laptop, which my galaxy s3 can connect to

I don't particularly want to gain root access on my phone.

I've tried software like connectify me and mHotspot, but had no joy for these.

Does anybody have any advice on hardware/software I can try?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I Googled that and found some links that I hope will help you.

How can i connect the samsung galaxy S3 to my laptop using wireless (without plugging in the usb cable)? - I am unable to set settings in such a way that the samsung galaxy s3 is able to connect to my laptop wirelessly :: Ask Me Fast

wi fi - Connect Galaxy S3 Wifi Connection to Computer - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Connect to the internet using your cell phone and laptop computer

how to connect my phone to laptop via wifi to surf internet? - xda-developers

Hey guys.

Here's my internet situation - I have a wired ethernet cable going directly into my laptop.

What I want to do is set it up so that both my laptop and my Galaxy S3 can use the internet at the same time. What I would like to do is create a wifi network hosted by my laptop, which my galaxy s3 can connect to

I don't particularly want to gain root access on my phone.

I've tried software like connectify me and mHotspot, but had no joy for these.

Does anybody have any advice on hardware/software I can try?

StormingKiwi

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks very much.

Unfortunately the first link has the wrong answer given to the question asker - the answers are sharing the phone internet with the laptop, not vice versa :(

I'm not sure the second link helps either

Number three is number 1 again.

Number 4 looks AMAZINGLY promising - unfortunately it didn't work. The phone doesn't accept ad-hoc wireless networks, (it is perfectly capable of doing so, just programmed by Samsung to reject them, if you gain root access you can change that), and over bluetooth it treated the laptop as a speaker. So back to square one :(

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Why not just put a wireless router in place. They are rather inexpensive. Also this method will allow your phone to be on the Wi-Fi without the Laptop being turned on or even there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
💀Milk😈Equivalent💀