Considering buying a used Triumph

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi good people. I saw someone selling a used Triumph for $100 on Craigslist. They say they're switching to Sprint. I am considering buying it but I am also a bit worried about something going haywire and then I'm out $100 :(

Can any kind soul tell me what I should look for before buying? Is very much appreciate the advice.

Thank you!

youarepoop

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
On day two of having a Triumph. Rooted and put AOKP on it. Loving it so far, lot snappier than the Optimus V running either Backside or Quatrrimus.
I got the phone free though. For 1/3 the price of an EVO, I probably wouldn't have done it, would have just took the hit on the extra 2/3s.

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on sale for ~240$ and while I love my phone, it might be worth going for a newer phone. But if you really want the triumph, then here's my advice:

If it's on craigslist, I would recommend asking them to test it out first. Make a test call, send a couple of test texts, try out the android market and whatnot. You know what you use frequently in android and you need to be sure it works(also, try meeting them in a coffeeshop so you can test wifi).

Sure you can't guarantee a good battery life by just playing with it a little, but you can order a new one for cheap off amazon(I paid about 5$ for a "low quality" Chinese extended battery which lasts as long as the stock one does out of the box, it'll take a couple weeks to get to ya tho.

If it's not activated, you want to try and check to ensure the phone hasn't been stolen.

Also, I'd recommend really only buying it if it's un-rooted, and rooting it yourself. Something just tells me that buying a rooted used phone is a bad idea in terms of safety/personal data. *shrug*. I guess if it IS rooted, you can just flash a fresh ROM to it tho. *shrug*

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks so much guys! I appreciate the feedback, that is super helpful. I'll be contacting him just as soon as I can sell my older phones, and I'll definitely keep your advice in mind :)

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I will note, a lot of stuff can go super quick on craigslist, and for a triumph being only $100, It's probably something you want to pounce on if you really want it. Otherwise someone else will swipe it up(most people I see putting them on craigslist want ~175$-200$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rock09