Considering buying - need some suggestions

Abinand Nallathambi

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello.
I have been using a Lumia for over 3 years now. I am considering changing to the G4+. I also have a Nexus 7(2013), so I am not new to Android.

I am considering buying the G4+, but some of the reviews I saw on Amazon makes me worried. I am from India and it is available only on Amazon and 13k people have given it 5 stars, while 6k people have given it 1 stars. Many are complaining about heating and hanging devices. So, what do you think? Are these reviews just whiners? Or, should I stay away from the G4+?

Also, how is the customer service of Motorola? Is it satisfactory?

And, lastly, is there a better alternative in this price range?

What I am looking for in a phone: Good camera, Vivid display, 4G VOLTE, All day long battery backup on light usage i.e. no games

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've not had issues with Mon, it's the 64/4 version. That said I'd strongly recommend checking out the Moto Z Play instead of the OnePlus 3T for that price range.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello.
I have been using a Lumia for over 3 years now. I am considering changing to the G4+. I also have a Nexus 7(2013), so I am not new to Android.

I am considering buying the G4+, but some of the reviews I saw on Amazon makes me worried. I am from India and it is available only on Amazon and 13k people have given it 5 stars, while 6k people have given it 1 stars. Many are complaining about heating and hanging devices. So, what do you think? Are these reviews just whiners? Or, should I stay away from the G4+?

Also, how is the customer service of Motorola? Is it satisfactory?

And, lastly, is there a better alternative in this price range?

What I am looking for in a phone: Good camera, Vivid display, 4G VOLTE, All day long battery backup on light usage i.e. no games

I bought the Moto G4 Plus 3 GB from Amazon India in Sept 2016. I too am coming from a Lumia which I use as my secondary device now.
I have not had any issues with my Moto G4 Plus since the beginning .I received the Android 7.0 update on 28th Dec 11:00 pm and the entire update process was a smooth one.
I too am a light user and the battery lasts the entire day for me with quite some charge left at the end of the day.
As for Customer Service I do not have any practical experience as this is my first Motorola phone.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I think unless you need it immediately, maybe you might want to wait for the new one to come out.

I'm not a complainer, but my g4+ does have the hanging issue sometimes. When it's asleep and I wake it, sometimes it hangs. I fix it with quick toggling of the power button on the upper right-hand side.

This phone has a lot going for it, though. I love mine and it has all the features I wanted except for the user replaceable battery.

But I wish they hadn't omitted NFC. For me, it was the best combination of features and price.

ETA: but it also forces me out of my hand size comfort zone. It's too large to be comfortable for all the hours I use my phones everyday. It really makes my wrist and hand ache. Other than that, it's a great phone. :)

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I think unless you need it immediately, maybe you might want to wait for the new one to come out.

I'm not a complainer, but my g4+ does have the hanging issue sometimes. When it's asleep and I wake it, sometimes it hangs. I fix it with quick toggling of the power button on the upper right-hand side.

This phone has a lot going for it, though. I love mine and it has all the features I wanted except for the user replaceable battery.

But I wish they hadn't omitted NFC. For me, it was the best combination of features and price.

ETA: but it also forces me out of my hand size comfort zone. It's too large to be comfortable for all the hours I use my phones everyday. It really makes my wrist and hand ache. Other than that, it's a great phone. :)

I agree with mrsmumbles that since the G5 will be available this year you can wait a few months for that .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY