Considering trading in my Samsung GS3 for the Lg Optimus G...

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I know how you feel, that was the main reason I wanted the Optimus g since it had the latest and greatest s4 pro processor and 2GB of ram. More phones will be coming out with this soon I know the new HTC DNA has the same specs, and I am sure many more will follow from other high profile brands like Samsung, Motorola etc... I wanted to give LG a shot with this phone but the camera was sub par and I could never find any cases other then two crappy ones from At&t who wanted to charge $40 for them. Maybe others would feel that the camera is decent it will vary by users opinions. It was also a little disappointing that it came with 4.0.4. I have heard LG is saying it will release 4.1 in December, but if they where going to do that I am not sure why they just didn't wait another month to release it to the public with 4.1.

But yes the GS3 will have a lot better resale value then the LG would that's for sure.

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I got my OG last friday. I really don't get the opinion that the camera is bad. In my opinion it definately isnt bad. Is it perfect? well, I'm not a photographer, but Its certainly better than the one on my epic touch, I havent seen the camera on the GS3 so I cant compare that. I was worried about the accessories too, but I've seen a lot more cases coming out in the last few days. The phone was just released for sprint 3 days ago!

I'm enjoying to phone so far. The build quality feels great and even the skin is good. Definately a worthy upgrade from the epic touch!

androidformer

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
i just signed up to write this review. I got the SG3 two months ago and was happy with it for the first week until I started playing games with it. SG3 is not built for games--its sluggish, it has that green tint (i guess that's samsung's HD'ng it) on it that I don't like. The screen heats up very easily and at times its hell when you're playing racings games. The gyroscpe just doesnt respond to well with racings games like (asphalt 7 and real racing). jelly bean on SG3 is a bad idea. The phone keeps on freezing, the battery is terrible and lots of apps like VIBER (which i use alot) crashes. The camera is great but its slow when it comes to taking pictures. Its made out of plastic--(good luck with dropping the phone

Enter the OPTIMUS G that i just traded my SG3 with. The phone is fast-- the screen is just awesome--the screen does not heat up like the SG3's screen and its more responsive when touched (good for playing games). The phone does not feel cheap-- and its strong build to it. I haven't had a crash on any of the apps that I use regularly-- esp viber, tango, skype ( people have actually noticed the difference).

Jelly Bean on Optimus G runs so well and the battery lasts for a day even with heavy gaming.
:cool::cool::cool:
You might think 32 GB is small but-- its actually more than enough-- I have about 1000 songs, 10 games, and lots of pics and videos on my phone and i only used about 10 GB--
OPTIMUS G all the way