Contact Ringtone Question

xcaggie08

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to set a custom ringtone for a contact that will only be used for phone calls? I don't want to hear that ringtone for texts or Whatsapp messages from the same contact. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Go to Contacts (People app, or via the phone app)
Find the person, tap
Then scroll down to Ringtone and select the ringtone and hit apply.

When they call you get that ring tone.
When they text, you get the ringtone set up for Text messages in the text message app.

No clue what whatsapp does because I have no use for it.

goodcoffy

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I just figured that one out... don't know if you have either, but go into your what'sapp settings, click notifications, and uncheck contact ringtone.

A Creative Journey

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Go to Contacts (People app, or via the phone app)
Find the person, tap
Then scroll down to Ringtone and select the ringtone and hit apply.

When they call you get that ring tone.
When they text, you get the ringtone set up for Text messages in the text message app.

No clue what whatsapp does because I have no use for it.

I am new to the android world as I FINALLY got into the 20th century and got rid of my blackberry YESTERDAY! At any rate-I LOVE IT but for some reason I can't assign a ring tone to a contact that works for all forms of contact i.e., call, text and e-mail whereas bb did-I find it VERY hard to believe that android doesn't have anything for this. I have been looking in various forums all day long and have changed my ring tones individually but I can't get my phone to ring the same tone for my husband... Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you in advance :)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the android world as I FINALLY got into the 20th century and got rid of my blackberry YESTERDAY! At any rate-I LOVE IT but for some reason I can't assign a ring tone to a contact that works for all forms of contact i.e., call, text and e-mail whereas bb did-I find it VERY hard to believe that android doesn't have anything for this. I have been looking in various forums all day long and have changed my ring tones individually but I can't get my phone to ring the same tone for my husband... Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you in advance :)

Don't see it either...

Sent from my HTC One X

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
There are apps for that, but custom ring tones for sms is not supported, only for calls.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

fee dee cat

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ever since update last week...non of my customized ringtones work. Everyone rings default even though customized is still listed. Anyone know a fix???

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ever since update last week...non of my customized ringtones work. Everyone rings default even though customized is still listed. Anyone know a fix???

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Do you sync your contacts with Google+?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isabella4jvk