Convert pdf to DOCS free

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it have to remain a PDF file, or is it ok if it's converted to a Google Doc? https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/hub/how-to/edit-a-pdf-in-google-drive.html

That article also has a link to Adobe's own free PDF editor, although it's probably not that fully functional. There are a lot of free online editors, but you always have to be a little cautious with those, because it's hard to say what they're doing with your information when you upload the document. If it's a sensitive document, I'd definitely shy away from the free 3rd party online editors.

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
How do I convert a pdf to an editable pdf FREE. Thanks
There are a number of free PDF converters online as B.Diddy has indicated. I have never personally used them because I have always had a paid PDF editor. However, you could try pdf.live, for instance, if your PDF doesn't contain sensitive info. If your PDF does contain sensitive info, I wouldn't risk using any online software.

Adobe also offers a free trial of Adobe Acrobat Pro that is fully functional. There are also cheaper alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Pro. Although nothing beats Adobe, I am quite happy with my Ashampoo PDF Pro software which can often be found online deeply discounted. UPDATE: When I checked this morning (5.28.23), it was on sale HERE for only $20 U.S.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was in a similar situation a short while ago. Like @Kizzy Catwoman said, all I found either started out free or were online converters. I didn't want to use an online one, and my opinion of Adobe is not a good one, so I honestly gave up on what I wanted to do. I eventually gave up and started over on what I needed to do with the correct file format.

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I was in a similar situation a short while ago. Like @Kizzy Catwoman said, all I found either started out free or were online converters. I didn't want to use an online one, and my opinion of Adobe is not a good one, so I honestly gave up on what I wanted to do. I eventually gave up and started over on what I needed to do with the correct file format.
I hear you. I have given up some software functionality moving from Adobe to alternative software for documents, media editing, etc. because I disagree with their pricing, business model and ethics. That being said, I still believe they make some of the best document and media editing tools out there. Too bad they just can't seem to get it right as a corporation.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I hear you. I have given up some software functionality moving from Adobe to alternative software for documents, media editing, etc. because I disagree with their pricing, business model and ethics. That being said, I still believe they make some of the best document and media editing tools out there. Too bad they just can't seem to get it right as a corporation.
Oh, I agree they are really good at what they do. But some of the pricing is, to say the least, outrageous. I thin MS Edge used to have an incorporated PDF editor, but since they moved to a fork of Chromium, I don't think they can do it anymore?

Reactions: Laura Knotek