Copying pictures from PC to Phone

Josh R

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I have had this phone for a few months and love it, EXCEPT that I still haven't figured out an easy way to copy pics from my phone's gallery to my laptop pc. It should be as easy as connecting the usb cable and selecting from groups of pics.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP? THIS IS A HUGE DRAWBACK FOR THIS PHONE. It is driving me nuts and should not be this difficult.

Thanks in advance!

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Please help

Connect to your computer and select computer on your laptop/desktop.Click on removable disk H.Scroll down to DCIM and click on it.Next click on camera.Now select pic you want and drag to folder.

jpmcc64

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Kies Air for wireless is quite easy.
Google+ can be set to automatically upload any photos taken to your Google account.
SwiFTP is good for transferring large numbers of files.

The best thing about Android is you have so many options!

Josh R

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. This seemed okay, but crazy enough, it only showed a generic preview of the pics and so I don't know which ones to put in the folders that I create. Does that makes sense? Each pic has the generic picture of a flower until I click on each specific one to find out which picture it is.

This is still really awkward and difficult. Can you shed light on this?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Get a file manager app, such a Astro or ES file manager.

Those 2 apps (and there are more apps that do this), have the ability to connect to your PC (as long as you have file sharing turned on the PC). You get to see all the files and directories that you set up as shareable.

Then you can just copy the files to your computer.

Another way, if you have an external SD memory card (I have maxed out my phone with a 32 GB card) copy the files (pictures, video or any file to that external card) and pop the card out and connect it to your PC via a card reader (I got one from Staples for $12) in, your USB port of the PC.

Go to the directory, where you stored the files and just do a normal copy to anywhere you want on your PC.

There are even more apps such as double twist! Which is an iTunes kind of thing.

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

L A Z I Z A

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. This seemed okay, but crazy enough, it only showed a generic preview of the pics and so I don't know which ones to put in the folders that I create. Does that makes sense? Each pic has the generic picture of a flower until I click on each specific one to find out which picture it is.

This is still really awkward and difficult. Can you shed light on this?

Josh, there's no need to download any apps or buy any microSD cards. I have the answer to your problem, and it's quite simple.

The problem is because of the default settings on the E4GT. When you connect your E4GT via USB cable to your computer, your computer reads it as a 'phone device' instead of a 'USB storage device.' This causes your computer to show a generic icon instead of a thumbnail of each photo. So you just have to adjust the specific setting on your phone, and you're all set. This is how you do it:

1. You must enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to Settings>Applications>Development>Enable USB Debugging
2. Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
3. On your phone, bring down the drop down menu and enable the USB connection.
4. Enjoy!

By the way, someone else had this same problem a few months ago. Here is the link for that: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...photo-icon-does-not-show-pic.html#post1382126

America.

acadialover

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Josh, there's no need to download any apps or buy any microSD cards. I have the answer to your problem, and it's quite simple.

The problem is because of the default settings on the E4GT. When you connect your E4GT via USB cable to your computer, your computer reads it as a 'phone device' instead of a 'USB storage device.' This causes your computer to show a generic icon instead of a thumbnail of each photo. So you just have to adjust the specific setting on your phone, and you're all set. This is how you do it:

1. You must enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to Settings>Applications>Development>Enable USB Debugging
4. Enjoy!

By the way, someone else had this same problem a few months ago. Here is the link for that: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...photo-icon-does-not-show-pic.html#post1382126

America.
Yahoooooo. I have been trying to figure out how to do this from my droid to iphoto for over a week.
and this is exactly how it is done. I finally found a youtube guy who showed how to do this with your droid to a mac..... it was soooo easy !!! NOt on any forum has anyone said this !!!! Thanks !

Last edited:

riz518

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

4. Enjoy!

America.

I have tried that and can't get it to work. It says i need to connect my phone to a usb storage device? Huge drawback for this phone. Evo was very simple..

FBueller

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

4. Enjoy!

America.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I've been so frustrated that my Picasa 3 client on my home machine (WinXP Media Ctr Ed 2005) hasn't been able to recognize my GSII at all up to now. But the one on my work machine (Win7 Home Edition) at least would see it...but would load up every single image it could find on my phone - all my pics, all the avatars from Foursquare, Facebook, Twitter, album covers, icons, etc. It would take forever...when it wouldn't crash! I take pics with my GSII on the job, and need to be able to upload them to my work machine in a timely fashion...hopefully this setting change will help. I'll update later after I try it next week.

SPARTONY

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Please forgive my stupidity... I have been trying to figure out what you mean by "drop down menu"... it cant be the notifications drop bar...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear