Correct me if I'm wrong

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Verizon did not announce today that the grandfathered unlimited plan is done. What they did announced was the family data shared plans. So why is everyone going crazy about their unlimited plans when they never announced that it is finish. According to Verizon they stated they will notify us in advanced when they are ready to eliminate the grandfathered unlimited plan

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually they did address the issue of grandfathered plans. What they didn't do was provide a clear and definitive statement about what would happen to those who pre-ordered the S3. They could easily have done this and no doubt know that this is a big "if" in people's decision process. So the fact that they chose to leave this out and be somewhat evasive about the whole thing is what's upsetting people.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe they did address this already for the pre order of the s3. What I asking on June 28 vz will start their family data sharing but no where in their press release did they stated on June 28 customer who are grandfathered unlimited plan will have to switch to tiered plans. I know vz stated they will eliminate the unlimited plans. As far as the s3 will can keep our unlimited plans if u pre order the s3 which I already done. But June 28 vz did not said the unlimited plans are eliminated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
If you pre order the s3, you can keep your unlimited. If your upgrade is after the 28th, you have the option to buy full price and keep the unlimited. Or sign a 2 year deal and be forced into a data plan. So 2 weeks is all that's left if you have an upgrade. Thank God I did the 1 year deal on the Tbolt.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you pre order the s3, you can keep your unlimited.

Did Verizon finally make an official statement to that effect? Last I read, people were being given conflicting answers to this from reps. I was told I could keep it by a rep on the phone as well as online chat, but without some official announcement I am not confident what the reps are saying is correct.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Did Verizon finally make an official statement to that effect? Last I read, people were being given conflicting answers to this from reps. I was told I could keep it by a rep on the phone as well as online chat, but without some official announcement I am not confident what the reps are saying is correct.

When you talk with VZ reps do not listen to everything they tell you, some of them are not the brightest CS reps when it comes to well their jobs. We have more knowledge about VZ than they do. Ex. you can call 2 vz reps on the same matter and i can bet they both will tell 2 different things.

When you pre order your s3 you had to sign an agreement, with that agreement you kept your unlimited data plan, when our s3 are deliver all we have to do is activate your phone. Remember you could not get the s3 for the discounted price without agreeing for 2 more years.

So, if you have unlimited data and when your pre order your s3 you still have your unlimited plans end of story.

Last edited:

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
When you talk with VZ reps do not listen to everything they tell you, some of them are not the brightest CS reps when it comes to well their jobs. We have more knowledge about VZ than they do. Ex. you can call 2 vz reps on the same matter and i can bet they both will tell 2 different things.

When you pre order your s3 you had to sign an agreement, with that agreement you kept your unlimited data plan, when our s3 are deliver all we have to do is activate your phone. Remember you could not get the s3 for the discounted price without agreeing for 2 more years.

So, if you have unlimited data and when your pre order your s3 you still have your unlimited plans end of story.

But since the pre order phone is not shipped and they have not yet charged my credit card, the act of my pre order is not a BINDING transaction. This is really a grey area.

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
My guess is, when you signed the contract agreement, is when you were locked in. Now if they go to charge your card and it gets declined, that could cause you to default. I can just see them saying that it forfeited your unlimited and have to be put in a tier plan.

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
But I thought I could cancel my pre-order with no penalty or further obligation, provided that it is not yet shipped, am I wrong? So if I could cancel it with no further obligation, how does that make my pre-order a binding contract?

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
But since the pre order phone is not shipped and they have not yet charged my credit card, the act of my pre order is not a BINDING transaction. This is really a grey area.

That is a good point you made however you did sign the 2 year agreement and this is the difference, also please go read this article from droid-life. Plus these guy also have VZ

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/1...y-s3-on-verizon-and-keep-your-unlimited-data/

Enough said, when I read my pre order confirmation email, it also stated EMAIL & WEB UNLIMITED $29.99

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I just came back from the vzw store and pre ordered the S3 and I kept my unlimited data. You do not pay for the phone until it is shipped around July 6th. Do the preorder at the store since they will help guide you thru the order process.

xsists

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My guess is VZW will not make an official announcement to the effect of preordering to keep the unlimited data until after the 28th. They really want all their customers on this tiered data.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go in to the store and pre order my s3 and I want some kind of guarantee that I will keep my unlimited data

Sent via tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcj001