Costco Note 7 Recall Thread

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I was told over and over again that if I got a phone other than a Samsung that it would cancel the BOGO rebate. The rep told me the BOGO was handled by Stuart Lee Rebates. I found out that this is not true, they have handled BOGO deals in the past but this one is actually though Verizon. Stuart Lee Rebates is handling the $25 rebate that you should be getting from Costco. I was also told by Verizon Executive services that we could chose whatever phone we liked and it would not affect the BOGO as long as the line remains active for 6 months. I don't know how true any of this is, I guess time will tell.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was told over and over again that if I got a phone other than a Samsung that it would cancel the BOGO rebate. The rep told me the BOGO was handled by Stuart Lee Rebates. I found out that this is not true, they have handled BOGO deals in the past but this one is actually though Verizon. Stuart Lee Rebates is handling the $25 rebate that you should be getting from Costco. I was also told by Verizon Executive services that we could chose whatever phone we liked and it would not affect the BOGO as long as the line remains active for 6 months. I don't know how true any of this is, I guess time will tell.

This is the correct answer and the Verizon promotion department (I spoke to a supervisor) confirmed this. Also, this is based on the terms and conditions of the BOGO agreement. Any other answer from Costco or any random rep is not based on those terms and is incorrect.

deanzel

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So I bought four Note 7's at Costco on Verizon using the Galaxy BOGO offer as well after switching over from AT&T. Although I absolutely love my Note 7, I am disappointed that we have to exchange them. I was not that interested in the LG V20, but Verizon is getting some fantastic deals on it along with some other promos (particularly at Best Buy). In particular, I'm interested in the following Best Buy promotion where you can get a minimum $200 BB GC for trading in any working phone along with the purchase and activation of the LG V20 (this is on top of the B&O H3 headphones promo as well).

LG V20 Offer
Verizon LG V20 Promo $472 ($672 - $200 with trade-in) + B&O H3 Headphones - Slickdeals.net

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to return my Note 7's at Costco, keeping my Verizon account open with the two BOGO $672 deals active on it, then go over to Best Buy, and purchase four of the LG V20's on DPP for that account so I can keep my Samsung BOGO deal intact while taking advantage of the extra $200 Best Buy GC trade-in offer? Is this feasible? Thoughts?

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I bought four Note 7's at Costco on Verizon using the Galaxy BOGO offer as well after switching over from AT&T. Although I absolutely love my Note 7, I am disappointed that we have to exchange them. I was not that interested in the LG V20, but Verizon is getting some fantastic deals on it along with some other promos (particularly at Best Buy). In particular, I'm interested in the following Best Buy promotion where you can get a minimum $200 BB GC for trading in any working phone along with the purchase and activation of the LG V20 (this is on top of the B&O H3 headphones promo as well).

LG V20 Offer
Verizon LG V20 Promo $472 ($672 - $200 with trade-in) + B&O H3 Headphones - Slickdeals.net

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to return my Note 7's at Costco, keeping my Verizon account open with the two BOGO $672 deals active on it, then go over to Best Buy, and purchase four of the LG V20's on DPP for that account so I can keep my Samsung BOGO deal intact while taking advantage of the extra $200 Best Buy GC trade-in offer? Is this feasible? Thoughts?

The only issue I see with your plan is that you can't apply the $200 best buy gift card towards a Verizon DPP (only towards the tax due at the store).