Could this be a (ICS) sign?

reachin

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I got a notice that I had 3 updates today. 2 are my usual (that I never update) that I never use. Then about an hour later I got a notice that I had 18 apps to uodate including the previous one that I had just updated.

Could this be a sign that ICS is near and the apps had to be updated to work properly with it? I'm not saying that it is but it just seemed funny to get so many in one day. Including having to update Adobe twice.

Pokey979

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Nah I don't think so. Giving the fact that if and when you do get the update your phone will start from scratch and you will have to re-download your apps and install again. I just think it was a conquincidence with multiple apps needing to be updated all at once. But I will say this.... I do think that the ICS update is coming soon since on the T-Mobile web you can't review nor purchase the HTC Sensation. My guess is so that all the phones they have in stock at the moment can be recalled and updated. So when that has cleared they will push out the phones again along with the update. Again this is just a theory. But best of luck.:)

davcole

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Today I got a request to update 12 apps, some of the apps compatible with ICS. Most I've ever had in a day is 4. Half the apps that requested update are natively installed, not downloads. So yeah, I think there's about to be some serious ICS action shortly!!

reachin

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
As somebody pointed out to me.......when we get the update we will need to redownload our app's anyway. Do doubt it's really a sign. My phone updated a bunch of app's days ago.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
No it isn't a sign of anything. Google doesn't develop the apps you be off the market place. Those mainly come Egvekinot, from 3rd party dev's. Just think of it as these dev's getting their apps updated for the upcoming I cs plus remember that these apps are compatible with more than just one phone. By pushing numerous updates at once they dev's are making there apps support ics for both devices that have ics now and devices that will have it soon and nothing more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky