Could this be a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
The screenshot below has popped up on my phone at least 5 times in the past week or so & it def doesn't look legit. The only app I recently installed was showbox. Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-12-18-13-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-12-18-13-34.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 221

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
That is definitely not legitimate.

While I don't know if it was Showbox or some other app you downloaded, when you sideload illegal apps like that, you should expect problems.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I just activated Verizon Protect, hopefully it'll help with this kind of thing in the future

Posted via the Android Central App on my Beautiful Beast of a Note 4

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
The screenshot below has popped up on my phone at least 5 times in the past week or so & it def doesn't look legit. The only app I recently installed was showbox. Has this happened to anyone else?

install Lookout and run a scan...Like wise, install another anti malware app from the play store and run the full scan...see if they pick it up.
once they do, off course delete the virus and you can delete the apps as well!

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
install Lookout and run a scan...Like wise, install another anti malware app from the play store and run the full scan...see if they pick it up.
once they do, off course delete the virus and you can delete the apps as well!

I agree. Find a legitimate anti virus app in the play store and download it.

Lavoiemike667640

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site

If you go into your apps, via settings and it does not give you the option to uninstall showbox then you have a virus. I had the same thing happen to me and I had to reset my phone completely to got rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.