Could this be the Nexus Prime?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
It could line up well. And I would hope so. But, just as the discussion was then, I believe what Phil posted was probably not features of a specific phone, but more buzzwords, desired featureset, etc., of things that might excite customers.

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
It could line up well. And I would hope so. But, just as the discussion was then, I believe what Phil posted was probably not features of a specific phone, but more buzzwords, desired featureset, etc., of things that might excite customers.
except for the 4.3 screen

slimjamm

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Obviously, any of the specs could change over time. Interesting though, it is a vzw test group and a Samsung device. If vzw is involved, it has to do with making money. This test group could have shown them how much interest people would have in a Nexus device on their LTE network, with the early specs they had. Lots of interest equals lots of money for them. Lots of speculation, hope for some solid facts soon!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Obviously, any of the specs could change over time. Interesting though, it is a vzw test group and a Samsung device. If vzw is involved, it has to do with making money. This test group could have shown them how much interest people would have in a Nexus device on their LTE network, with the early specs they had. Lots of interest equals lots of money for them. Lots of speculation, hope for some solid facts soon!

Maybe. Obviously the SAMOLED advanced screen means it would be a Samsung device. But, that may have just been a feature that resonated with the focus group as a nice-to-have. It's just all wild speculation on what the document really was though.

equake

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a 4.3 screen. These super sized screens are too much.

I agree, the big screens make for a heavy pocket. Besides a 4 in or 4.3 will make for a better PPI which beats the Retina display.

As long as it has a true HD screen, dual cores, LTE, ICS or upgradeable to ICS i'll be happy.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily. It's still all speculation what it might have, whether it be 4", 4.3", 4.5", 4.6", or something greater. I personally don't want anything bigger than 4.3".

What about 4.5 in the chassis of a 4.3?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

slimjamm

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't sound like an iphone at all. The screen is obviously Samsung, the thickness also follows their trend, and it's Kevlar, not Carbon Fiber. Too much customization, definitely not an I-anything.

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
How about this. Take the Fassy form factor, replace the capactive buttons with a larger 4.5 inch screen. (ICS does not need buttons.) You have a 4.5 inch phone in the thinnest lightest possible form factor.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
As long as the chassis isn't full metal, I'm in. I'd rather have polycarbonate like the Nokia N9 (i think that's the one) -- no dents and minimal antenna attenuation like that observed in metal phone bodies.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk