Couple of Pixel 2xl problems

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I recently bought this phone (2-3 months) and it was great at first. However it's starting to lag and it's extremely frustrating, camera stutters for 2-3 seconds and I have missed many shots cause of it and I have to wait for the lag when I search for an app.

Additionally, I have a pair of bluetooth headphones, sony WH 1000X M3's and for some reason, when I make messenger or whatsapp calls, the audio comes from the phone instead of the headphones. I've gone into settings and made sure all options are ticked but it's still not going through.
Another problem is even when I put my phone on silent, even media, messenger facebook calls come through.

Also, the first 10% of battery life runs out like crazy, within 10-30 minutes

These phones aren't cheap and I don't expect these kinds of problems with it. I can't return it because I am currently overseas for the next few months and I do not want to factory reset as my internet is super slow and I don't have my original sim card.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. You should have all your apps backed up (the ones you downloaded - a factory reset won't delete the system apps) - use Apk Extractor.

2. Restart to Recovery and clear the cache.

3. Unless you have things like game scores you can't back up - and don't want to unlock the bootloader so you can install TWRP - having the apps backed up will save a lot of time in reinstalling them. (Back them up off the phone, of course.)

I've been running a P2 for over a year (through the Pie update and, starting later or tomorrow, the Q beta) and never had any of those problems. (Bluetooth forgot everything that was paired once, but that's about it.) It could be that you're using the Home button to "end" apps (you should use the Back button - Home just runs the launcher, it doesn't close the app you're in.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't return it because I am currently overseas for the next few months and I do not want to factory reset as my internet is super slow and I don't have my original sim card.
If you want to avoid a Factory Reset you could try rebooting into Safe mode and see if the stock apps, particularly the Camera, behave as speedily as you're used to. If things are good there then you probably have one or more 3rd party applications causing your problems. Then it's just a matter of weeding them out.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So sorry you are having this issue with your Pixel 2 XL! Camera stutters and lags definitely should not happen - I too recommend booting into Safe Mode and seeing if those issues still persist. Do you have any additional camera apps installed, or launchers? Sometimes those things can cause a bit of lag.

Keep us posted on what happens!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe