Couple of questions about Android Stock apps.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
How is the Stock browser of Galaxy S phones
How good is stock media player.
This is s silly question but do All android phones have access to the same marketplace of Apps?

Coming from a Pre I have app envy.
The following are my personal list of must have apps for the Epic.

1. Barcode Scanner & Savy Shopper: Love the easy barcode way of downloading
  2. Mobile Defense- tracks lost or stolen android devices..
  3. Google listen -Podcast app... I hope it is as functional as Dr. Podder is.
  4. Ringdroid
  5. ConvertMe
  6. Smart Measure
  7. Talk to me classic: language speech converter
  8. Google Voice
  9. Handcent: if stock Im client is not sufficient enough. : loved the pres Im UI
  10. Wikitude or Layer: Augmented reality Apps
IF stock media player is not good enough:
MixZing, Doubletwist or Meridian

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
How is the Stock browser of Galaxy S phones
How good is stock media player.
This is s silly question but do All android phones have access to the same marketplace of Apps?

Coming from a Pre I have app envy.
The following are my personal list of must have apps for the Epic.

1. Barcode Scanner & Savy Shopper: Love the easy barcode way of downloading
  2. Mobile Defense- tracks lost or stolen android devices..
  3. Google listen -Podcast app... I hope it is as functional as Dr. Podder is.
  4. Ringdroid
  5. ConvertMe
  6. Smart Measure
  7. Talk to me classic: language speech converter
  8. Google Voice
  9. Handcent: if stock Im client is not sufficient enough. : loved the pres Im UI
  10. Wikitude or Layer: Augmented reality Apps
IF stock media player is not good enough:
MixZing, Doubletwist or Meridian

Yes all Android phones access the same Market

The Stock Browser if im not mistaken is the same browser on all Android Phones which is very good but if you want something else there is always Dolphin HD browser.

The Stock Media player on the Epic 4g is the stock Android music player unlike the other Galaxy S phones. It is very dull IMO and you are better off downloading another music player.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

The Stock Browser if im not mistaken is the same browser on all Android Phones which is very good but if you want something else there is always Dolphin HD browser.

The Stock Media player on the Epic 4g is the stock Android music player unlike the other Galaxy S phones. It is very dull IMO and you are better off downloading another music player.
Thanks for the replay. Which Music player do you suggest? do youhave experience with any android music player?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

Actually, you're only partially correct with the Android market. AT&T phones do not have access to all the apps, some countries don't have access to paid apps, and unapproved Android devices have no access at all.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Actually, you're only partially correct with the Android market. AT&T phones do not have access to all the apps, some countries don't have access to paid apps, and unapproved Android devices have no access at all.

It goes by the keys used to sign the OS on which apps are available for download. For instance, I have a 2.2 Hero. Technically, Adobe Flash 10.1 is a 2.2 App, but I cannot download it because I have a Hero. It wouldn't support my phone anyway, but also if an app isn't supported in the OS you won't see it either. Since I'm running 2.2, I also had to part with my Mobile Package Tracker, which I like. But since 2.2 is temporary, I can live with it for now.