Couple of Quick Questions

dxbrbnk

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this was asked before or if this is in the wrong section of the forums. it's a little annoying searching through pages of threads to find an answer to a question asked before.

I am waiting for the Thunderbolt 4G to finally be released sometime in the next 2 weeks, just like everyone else.

However, I would like to try the Verizon iPhone 4 out as well.

If I went to best buy and bought the Verizon iPhone 4 on a 2 Year Contract at $299 (32gb) today (2/11/11) - would I be able to return the iPhone and get the Thunderbolt when it launches on the 24th? (Walk in on the 24th and return the iPhone, buy the TB the same day)

What would I have to pay up front at Best Buy? (Excluding the phone itself)

What would I have to do when I return the phone?

How do I get a refund if I pay in cash? (In GC form? Cash back? Store Credit?)

Do I need to cancel all Verizon services on the 24th if I want to switch to the TB or can I just 'swap' the phones?

Do I have to pay any sort of fee to Best Buy or Verizon for swapping phones?

And lastly, I have 14 days from the date of purchase to return the phone, so I'd be able to swap it out for the TB on the 24th? (If I buy the iPhone today)

Thanks!
-dxbrbnk

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would call best buy and ask this directly to them. I believe BB has a 30 day return (VZW has a 14 day if you buy from them) so you should be in the clear to return your *phone the 24th.

everything else is in ur contract. Best buy service reps will def be more helpful about their terms and conditions.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't answer your questions in the order you asked... but I'll say this... If you want the Thunderbolt just wait for it. Why put yourself thru all that hassle. Pick one or the other.

Best of luck to YOU.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd advise trying out a buddies iPhone if you want to try it out. Seems like a hassle to get it activated, return etc.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
After using both phones, it would be hard to believe why someone would still prefer the iPhone over the TB (unless you really really really like iOS).

If it helps, a friend of mine put this together yesterday for someone else to show them the true differences between the iPhone and the TB (follow the link then click the image to make it larger and readable):

Imageshack - 32222838.jpg

Out of 32 categories the iPhone only wins one... sad

Reactions: Shuckster

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I would call best buy and ask this directly to them. I believe BB has a 30 day return (VZW has a 14 day if you buy from them) so you should be in the clear to return your *phone the 24th.

everything else is in ur contract. Best buy service reps will def be more helpful about their terms and conditions.

BB has changed their return policy to 14 days for the VZW iphone. I found this out yesterday when I purchased one at retail price. I returned it today and eagerly await the thunderbolt.

Reactions: Edwill86

dxbrbnk

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Another factor that is holding me back from the Thunderbolt is the 4G coverage area.

I'm going to be going away to college this fall and there is no 4G coverage available now or planned for the future (Macomb, IL 61455).

So I'd be getting 4G for the same price as 3G, but wouldn't even be able to use 4G :(

(Same reason why I won't wait for the iPhone 5, it's probably going to be 4G, but I won't be able to use it anyway.)

That's probably the only reason why I'm even considering the iPhone 4 over the Thunderbolt.

Another reason is because Android is upgrading all the time (which isn't a bad thing) But taking months for official releases from the phone maker/cell provider to deliver them? I don't like that (but what can we do?) Sure there are ROMs that provide these things but I'd rather stay official, too many bad experiences rooting and flashing my phone.

iOS - Being upgrading for most Apple mobile devices, usually with a release date that's set in stone.

Just my take - nothing personal.