Cracked my screen yesterday

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Fell from pocket height onto concrete, landed on bottom left corner then its back and now I've got cracks everywhere on the front. Pretty pissed considering a pocket drop isn't that bad and it didn't even land on the glass. Glad I got insurance though.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good thing you have insurance! Trauma from drops can be extremely variable--it can depend on multiple factors besides the height and the surface it hits, like the angle of the strike as well as its angular momentum. That's why I generally don't pay attention to drop tests, unless they do multiple drops at multiple heights, angles, and angular/rotational velocity, and also do it on multiple types of surfaces. And of course, no one would ever do that, since it would require 10 or 20 separate phones.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Fell from pocket height onto concrete, landed on bottom left corner then its back and now I've got cracks everywhere on the front. Pretty pissed considering a pocket drop isn't that bad and it didn't even land on the glass. Glad I got insurance though.

Corner drops are what breaks screen. That's what cases help prevent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce