Creating custom maps for my droid

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I need to create maps based on GPS coordinates but stored/displayed with customized names or descriptions. So far I've tried:

- starred items in Google Maps, but can't find a way to customize the descriptors.

- saving the coordinates as contacts. This seemed promising but was a major FAIL as the program translated them to an address which was in the same NWR but miles away from my target.

- using the My Maps feature of Google Maps but again can't find how to customize descriptors.

Any suggestions?

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you need to be able to create maps directly on the droid or can it be done from a computer. I can create custom maps in the My Maps feature of google maps and give it a custom name and a descriptor. I do this using maps.google.com on my computer and then add it as a layer on my droid.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to your suggestion I went back to My Maps and kept trying until it worked.

I've entered the first ten coordinates and verified them via my Droid. I haven't found a way to navigate between them though. My Maps locations disappear when attempting to select a second one in the navigation fields.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jermz1084