Cruzerlite Androidified A2 (TPU and Carbon) case

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
So after a couple of days of using the Cruzerlite case, I've decided that it's no where near as "grippy" as the Spigen Liquid Crystal (or going naked for that matter). Like the Spigen Rugged Armor, it does provide a sense of protection for me, especially when laying the phone down on a surface (don't have to worry that the camera cover or glass back will get scratched/damaged). But then so does the Spigen Liquid Crystal, even though it's even thinner and lighter than the Cruzerlite case.

I switched to the Liquid Crystal case and the ease of one-handed use is night and day. You won't understand it unless you actually try it. And one-handed use is very important for me. For example, it's just so convenient and relaxing to be accurately and safely using the phone while sitting back in a chair with a coffee in your other hand. No need for balancing one's pinky finger on the bottom of the phone to prevent it slipping out - in fact, unless your hands are quite large, you'll struggle to reach the top far corner with your thumb if you have a pinky finger on the bottom. And no need for positioning the phone more horizontally for fear it will slip out if it's too vertically positioned - I mean, you wouldn't read a book/newspaper holding it horizontally when you're sitting back in a chair right? You would read the book/newspaper held vertically. So for true one-handed use, I think nothing beats the Liquid Crystal case.

Ultimately, I've concluded that usability and convenience trumps how good a phone looks. So when all is said and done, I'm back to using the first case I got for this phone - the Spigen Liquid Crystal!

And to be honest, I never quite got over the loud clicks when pressing the power or volume buttons with the Cruzerlite case! The home button already makes a relatively loud noise - I don't need all the other buttons to be doing the same thing!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So after a couple of days of using the Cruzerlite case, I've decided that it's no where near as "grippy" as the Spigen Liquid Crystal (or going naked for that matter). Like the Spigen Rugged Armor, it does provide a sense of protection for me, especially when laying the phone down on a surface (don't have to worry that the camera cover or glass back will get scratched/damaged). But then so does the Spigen Liquid Crystal, even though it's even thinner and lighter than the Cruzerlite case.

I switched to the Liquid Crystal case and the ease of one-handed use is night and day. You won't understand it unless you actually try it. And one-handed use is very important for me. For example, it's just so convenient and relaxing to be accurately and safely using the phone while sitting back in a chair with a coffee in your other hand. No need for balancing one's pinky finger on the bottom of the phone to prevent it slipping out - in fact, unless your hands are quite large, you'll struggle to reach the top far corner with your thumb if you have a pinky finger on the bottom. And no need for positioning the phone more horizontally for fear it will slip out if it's too vertically positioned - I mean, you wouldn't read a book/newspaper holding it horizontally when you're sitting back in a chair right? You would read the book/newspaper held vertically. So for true one-handed use, I think nothing beats the Liquid Crystal case.

Ultimately, I've concluded that usability and convenience trumps how good a phone looks. So when all is said and done, I'm back to using the first case I got for this phone - the Spigen Liquid Crystal!

And to be honest, I never quite got over the loud clicks when pressing the power or volume buttons with the Cruzerlite case! The home button already makes a relatively loud noise - I don't need all the other buttons to be doing the same thing!
Nice, glad you finally made your decision... Do what makes you most comfortable and secure.

I had the s7 edge and used it for a month before selling it for the s7. The phone was so uncomfortable to hold and it was awkward to use one handed. I always felt like my hand was in pain holding it a certain way so it didn't slide out of my hand. So happy with the s7, it's such a comfortable phone and even though the battery life isn't as good as the edge, I usually still make it a full day.

Can you shoot some pics of the liquid crystal?

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Really only got my S7 to take photos with, so impossible to take a photo of my S7 with the case on! But there are plenty of good photos (and video reviews on YouTube) all over the internet of this case (Spigen Liquid Crystal) already.

Yes, I've decided that ultimately and in the long run, it's the usability of the phone that matters most. A bit of fingerprinting and some dust are merely cosmetic issues and doesn't alter the usability of the phone. However, a case that makes the back more slippery than going naked definitely impairs the usability of the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69