Custom rintone clitch

Steve Rob

Jan 2, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I've just upgraded from a Galaxy S7 to the S9. I've selected an mp3 as my ringtone which was simple and easy to do.

On my previous phone each time I received a call the mp3 would play from the start. However,, on my new S9 it doesn't play from the start with each new call, it continues to play from the point it was at when I answered the previous call.

Does anyone know how I can set it so that each time I receive a new call it plays from the beginning, not from part way through the song

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Steve

p.s. stuffed up the thread title didn't I ? lol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long is that mp3? What happens if you use an app like Ringdroid to shorten the song a little and set it as a ringtone?

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it has anything to do with the question that pops up when you make a ringtone. It asks you if you want like to start from the beginning of the song or if you would like highlights from the song. I noticed if I choose "highlights of the song" it does exactly what you say, (though I thought it was more random) but if I choose to start from the beginning it will always start from the beginning. I choose highlights of the song because Some songs have very long intros, but starting randomly is kinda annoying. I may go back to Ringdroid as suggested above in the future...