Cyanogenmod 7

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I believe CM7 is still pre-alpha, and since no ETAs are usually given for things like these we can't be sure when the nightlies will start rolling out. But from the videos that have been posted, it looks like they are close so give it another month or two.

aNYthing24

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It's coming eventually and so is MIUI. KMobs (CyanogenMod dev) said the reason for the delay is because they have had to add support for a completely new CPU/GPU.

aNYthing24

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Update from Keyan (Kmobs)...

Only one real issue remains that blocks CM7 for Sensation from nightly status. We're really close guys. But no, I don't know when that issue will be fixed. All the credit belongs to toastcfh, Bumblebee, and +Ed Carrigan. +Tony Layher just got the device too, so he can have some credit also :p

FWIW, I've been using CM7 on the Sensation for a couple weeks now as my daily driver. It's the fastest phone I've ever used and we don't get those weird slowdowns that Sense gets. Everything is consistent (which is sometimes more important than pure speed, but in this case we have both)

https://plus.google.com/113702637309752822154/posts/8LrkERThTXx

aNYthing24

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
How is it so far? Are you running it now?
I haven't tried it. The general consensus is that most of the functions work but there are some annoying bugs (like WiFi calling force closing randomly). I'm waiting for it to become more stable and I need WiFi calling as well so yeah.

gqkevyn

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried it. The general consensus is that most of the functions work but there are some annoying bugs (like WiFi calling force closing randomly). I'm waiting for it to become more stable and I need WiFi calling as well so yeah.
Yeah I was tempted to give it a try last night, but I need Wifi calling, so I decided to hold off on being adventurous until I got back from my trip. Maybe a more stable version would be out by then.

xBigReemo

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android (from wackberry, but I miss the keyboard).....but I have noticed everyone making a huge deal about having Cyanogen rooted to their phones.....what makes there ROM better than others???

aNYthing24

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android (from wackberry, but I miss the keyboard).....but I have noticed everyone making a huge deal about having Cyanogen rooted to their phones.....what makes there ROM better than others???
It's basically stock Android with some helpful customization's.

aNYthing24

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Finally flashed it. I used Alpha 3 for awhile, now I'm on Alpha 5. Battery life hasn't been that great, probably only gripe besides missing HTC Mail.