Data Not working on My Phone.

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
For the past few days, the data on my phone has not been working. Recently this morning, I tried following a few online tutorials to change the APn name and settings, none of that has worked.

Bit of background: I go through MetroPCS as my carrier and my phone is an LG model of that's applicable.

My question is, if I tried updating the APN settings and that hasn't worked, is there another way to get my 4g back? Sometimes it will say 2g next to the signal bars but right now as of typing this (on WiFi), there is no data despite having a signal. I've tried all I can try. Is there something I have overlooked or should I have someone look at my phone?

Thanks in advance for your help and replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For the past few days, the data on my phone has not been working. Recently this morning, I tried following a few online tutorials to change the APn name and settings, none of that has worked.

Bit of background: I go through MetroPCS as my carrier and my phone is an LG model of that's applicable.

My question is, if I tried updating the APN settings and that hasn't worked, is there another way to get my 4g back? Sometimes it will say 2g next to the signal bars but right now as of typing this (on WiFi), there is no data despite having a signal. I've tried all I can try. Is there something I have overlooked or should I have someone look at my phone?

Thanks in advance for your help and replies.

Are you in a known 4G area? If you are and you are sure the APN is right I would go to Metro. It could be a SIM card or account issue that is preventing the towers from giving you LTE.

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I checked the coverage map and my area is covered. I've tried restarting my phone several times, even taking the battery out. I will go into my MetroPCS store if the problem doesn't correct itself. Should I try taking out the simcard and puting it back in?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I checked the coverage map and my area is covered. I've tried restarting my phone several times, even taking the battery out. I will go into my MetroPCS store if the problem doesn't correct itself. Should I try taking out the simcard and puting it back in?
Yes, that could help. It could be good if you can try the SIM card in another phone and see if there's a problem with your phone or with your card/network.

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
I tried putting my SIM card in another phone like you suggested and it said "No service." I'm going to have to take it into one of the MetroPCS stores and see if they can help me. It was working just fine at the beginning of the week/over this past weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord