Data speed test. What kind of speeds are you getting.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Translation = Sprint SUCKS!

Don't ask me why I've been a faithful customer since '06. When I upgraded my phone a few weeks ago I should have upgraded my carrier as well...5-12 mbps :mad:

Yeah I've waited for 4g since sprint announced wimax. Fortunately lte is coming and its better than 3g even if is not as fast as others. Hopefully it gets better with time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Att

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370577635283.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370577635283.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 40

sparkly flea

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Decent speeds with AT&T LTE. Pretty good coverage in our area.

uqeterud.jpg

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Translation = Sprint SUCKS!

Don't ask me why I've been a faithful customer since '06. When I upgraded my phone a few weeks ago I should have upgraded my carrier as well...5-12 mbps :mad:

I'm going to let you in on a secret here. Whether your down speed is 10 mbps or 30 mbps, won't make a difference just surfing the web, streaming you tube, and the like. Why? cause those speeds are mainly faster than what your ISP gives you in internet speed. You will though, see a difference if your downloading a GB's worth of data to your phone such as a movie...then the extra speed is nominal. Otherwise it's moot.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to let you in on a secret here. Whether your down speed is 10 mbps or 30 mbps, won't make a difference just surfing the web, streaming you tube, and the like. Why? cause those speeds are mainly faster than what your ISP gives you in internet speed. You will though, see a difference if your downloading a GB's worth of data to your phone such as a movie...then the extra speed is nominal. Otherwise it's moot.

Gator352,
Humbly disagree,
With T-mobile HSPA + I average about 12MB down. With LTE I Ave 30MB down.

I notice loading time on Netflix is noticeably faster on LTE. Also, about 3-5 seconds after selecting a movie? The whole movie loads up.you can actually slide the movie time cursor all the way to the end of the movie and let it go and the movie will play with about a half second of buffer. Almost instant. With HSPA +
There will be a buffer of about 5-10
Seconds.
LTE is always almost instant.

However, having HSPA + as a back
Up when LTE drops out is a great option to have
eme2yga3.jpg

6eru5yze.jpg

Sent from Da Coconut Wireless HTC One

Last edited:

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Sent from my Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

Dang what happened to your high 20MB speeds? for a mature
LTE market like Chicago is it slowing down already?
Funny...
You once told me the grass isn't greener on the other side when I was contemplating on leaving sprint for T-mobile. You was posting your sprint lte speeds while I was getting 95kb downloads with sprint 3g.i mean 10 MB down is ok but for lte? As you can see I am really happy to have good data speeds with unlimited data like you now

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Dang that's not good speeds for a mature
LTE market like Chicago

Keep in mind sprint isn't going for speed with there LTE there are goin for stability. And the fact I got these speeds during peak hours. But I be getting these speeds daily and I'm unlimited lol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370704377432.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370704377432.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 17

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind sprint isn't going for speed with there LTE there are goin for stability. And the fact I got these speeds during peak hours. But I be getting these speeds daily and I'm unlimited lol.

Again funny on how you used to gloat about the speeds you were getting. Now it's about stability?
What I see in a couple of months
Your speeds look like it went down by a lot. I'll take speed test today at peak time noon? I'll post then if I am not to busy at work.
Also,
I have unlimited unthrottled data and it's cheaper than what it was on Sprint. From 160.00 to 126.00
A month wouldn't you move too?
I am already at 7.77GB one week into my billing Btw.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

My hspa+ back up 4G is faster than that

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My hspa+ back up 4G is faster than that

That's cool bro but tmo sucks as in this area so they are a no go. Also I'll take sprints customer service and phones anyday I don't like gsm.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
And I guarantee that u aren't getting above 3mb upload on hspa+.

, upload on HSPA plus is about same 3-7 mbs as yours. however my upload can be as fast as four times your upload on LTE. You have to remember not all LTE towers are active yet so speeds should increase in the near future in Honolulu we just got LTE less than a week ago

Last edited:

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
That's cool bro but tmo sucks as in this area so they are a no go. Also I'll take sprints customer service and phones anyday I don't like gsm.

Per laptop magazine
Seems at least on part or better than sprint in
Performance in Chi town

T-Mobile finished second in our 4G testing because it delivered solid speeds in most of our five locations. Overall, we saw an average download rate of 4.7 Mbps and uploads of 1.4 Mbps on Speedtest.net, much faster than AT&T. T-Mobile also beat Sprint by 600 Kbps on uploads and 800 Kbps on downloads, both considerable deltas.

When it came to downloading websites, T-Mobile was only marginally faster than Sprint (12.6 vs. 14 seconds). The two networks were very close with their average speed when downloading large files (both about 3 Mbps) but T-Mobile offered faster uploads of larger files (997 Kbps vs. 470 Kbps). Geographically, T-Mobile 4G was strongest in Chicago and New York, but the network delivered fairly consistent results overall.

http://www.laptopmag.com/mobile-life/nationwide-4g-showdown.aspx?page=4