Data Usage

Jackhklee

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I came from an IPhone, I remember the capability to set certain apps to not use data.. How do I do that for the Galaxy? Cause I want to use Snapchat and get notifications from it outside of my house, but games with a lot of ads can be both annoying and waste data when I'm outside with signal. Also apparently my nonusing apps has drained quite a lot of data just for running in the background.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You can use data saver function. You can turn off background data usage per app basis. I also use my firewall to block any app I don't use...
Turn off auto synch, turn off auto updates...
Get back to us if you need help with any of this stuff....

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Go to settings, Connections, Data Usage, Data Saver. There you can turn which apps you would like to use data while data saver is turned on.

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
"us"... Is there a way to completely turn of a singular app from using Data?
Turn off entirely? As in including wifi and foreground use? No. At least not without rooting your phone.

The best you can do is turn off background mobile data use on an app.
90cd9b56ecc4d4a4401d831407d0e7f4.jpg

Jackhklee

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
When I say turn off entirely, I mean entirely from using data.. Like I go outside with no Wi-Fi, and I don't want the app to have any data AT ALL... But if I enter a building with Wi-Fi, I want it to work... Ex: I have Ballz ( game with a lot of ads ), I play it at my house and ads pop up cause it's connect, but when I exit my house where there Is no Wi-Fi, I want the app cellular data to be completely shut off to a point where it isn't using data...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twine