Data Watch

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hahahaha. How the hell you get away with that?

i just havent payed it for 4years and just bin the brown urgent warning letter they send me every week. people only really get caught if they answer the door to them :) when u first turn on the s3, it downloads a lot of stuff so thats prob why play store used so much data but thats a one off m8. take it ur on contract? im on three p+g and its prety fast unlimited data. before that i was n Giffgaff, they use the o2 masts but give unlimited data for 10qid a month

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
i just havent payed it for 4years and just bin the brown urgent warning letter they send me every week. people only really get caught if they answer the door to them :) when u first turn on the s3, it downloads a lot of stuff so thats prob why play store used so much data but thats a one off m8. take it ur on contract? im on three p+g and its prety fast unlimited data. before that i was n Giffgaff, they use the o2 masts but give unlimited data for 10qid a month

Ah right :)
So the s3,i will keep an eye on this data useage then. When i disable the background data on mobile data network,what does that exactly mean? Im so new to this whole thing i aint got a clue.
Does it mean that when the app isnt open or being used,it is always searching for things to update it when i return to the app?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hmm yeah it could mean that. if its an app that needs internet access like a news, podcast, etc so just open it when ur on wifi. any app thats using background data but doesnt really need internet, u should just disable it

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Well i have done this to a few apps. So ill see when my data goes back up to 1gb again. Lots of apps use small amounts of kb so i am not worried at all.
I know people like to personalise there settings etc, but id like to see what is best for the phone itself. I get quite good battery life out of mine but then again i am on it rarely enough for it to drain. That is for another thread though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201